How close to your reservation time do you get seated?

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
We have a 7:50pm ADR at Chef Mickeys. It was all I could get. I normally book way in advance and get a 5pm ADR so there is never a wait. I have left that place around 7pm and it seems like a zoo. I am so nervous it will take us forever to get seated. We are staying at Kidani and will have a car but I dread driving all the way over there and have to wait 30min to be seated and getting to bed really late.

I made another 10:40 AM ADR for CM breakfast on our MNSSHP date (we don't go to a park in the AM, we rest, swim and go to MK at 4pm) but is mid week. I love our opening day at Chef Mickeys but feel I will regret going so late.

Thoughts?

What day are your reservations? If it is a weekend you might have to wait depending on crowd level. I say chill. Why? because there are some fun things to do while you wait. There is a disney shop, a game room on that level. Also, If you head to the doors that lead to the BLT, there is fantastic huge balcony that overlooks Magic Kingdom. If you do all that the time will fly and I bet just as you are enjoying something your buzzer will go off!

I've been seated immediately at Disney restaurants, and I have waited up to half an hour to 45 minutes before being seated. It really depends on how busy they are and how on top of things the staff is on that particular day.

I don't know specifically about Chef Mickey's as I never eat there.

First of all ADR's are not traditional reservations. They will NOT be holding a table for your party at 7:50.. An ADR entitles you to the next available table for your party size. So if the guests earlier in the evening linger to see the characters, they do get backed up.
We have waited over 45 minutes (Biergarten) to be seated.
As you have stated, Chef Mickey's is a zoo at 7 PM.
You never know. YOu may be seated right away, or you may wait 30 or more minutes. If you "dread" waiting 30 minutes, I would re-think this ADR
Good Luck

Last year in August, for out ADR's we experienced:

MK- The Plaza Restaurant arrived early/ seated early
Epcot- Rose and Crown arrived early/ seated early
AKL- Boma dinner arrived early/ seated on time
DD- Raglan Road arrived early/ seated immediately
HS- 50's Prime Time arrived early/ seated shortly after our ADR time
GF- Park Faire buffet breakfast arrived early/ waited approximately 40 mi.(we had a late ADR time as it was, but the food was fresh/hot and the Characters were still all over the place so it was worth the wait)
MK- Tony's arrived early/ seated on time
Epcot- Le Cellier arrived early/ seated on time

early arrival for us is approx 15 minutes ;)

We always arrive 10-15 minutes early for our ADRs and are usually seated early, or at the very least, right at our ADR time....but our times are always between 5-6 p.m. so that may be why we never experience any kind of wait :confused3. Like others have said, you may be seated right away, but then you may have a wait since Chef Mickeys is very popular. I would keep trying for an earlier time right up until you go as people cancel all the time and you never know if something else might become available. But if not, I'd just arrive a little early and hope for the best......good luck :wizard:.

Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but we are arriving early that day and we have a 2 year old. Not sure if keeping her up that late the first night is worth it. Waiting for the table is not the issue, it is the time we leave, drive back to AKL and go to bed that concerns me. Thanks all

Chef Mickey's is our arrival day dinner. We usually get our ressie around that time (7:30-8). Our wait is usually only about 10 minutes (maybe). After you have your picture made, and look around the area it's time. We go at a fairly busy time in the spring. Now that said, it does take about an 45mins to an hour for all the characters to come around. So it's usually not the wait time that's long it's the eating time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter