How close are the fires to WDW? Any problems with smoke?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by momuv2poohs, Feb 22, 2001.

1. momuv2poohs

momuv2poohs PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Just wondering. I have not heard anything lately.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sandyneck

sandyneck DIS Veteran

My brother lives in Orlando and said there have been no major problems, although you can smell the smoke in the Disney area. They did close the major highway thru Orlando yesterday.

4. jtopicz1

jtopicz1 DIS Veteran

The major highway, I-4, has been closed now for well over a week (about 10 miles of it, west of WDW). They say it may open again next Monday but I wouldn't bet on it! If the wind is right, we can smell the smoke all the way over in Clearwater.

Jim

<A HREF="http://uoio.8m.com">Universal Orlando Information Overload</A>- Coming Soon

5. The B Family

The B Family Earning My Ears

Hi, just back yesterday and I-4 was reopenned on Tuesday. Our hotel was on hwy 192 near 27 and you could smell a hint of smoke a few mornings but if we did not know about the fires we probably wouldn't notice. We were are Disney, Universal and Busch Gardens and did not smell smoke at all.

6. NGW

NGW Earning My Ears

Update - the fires are well under control thankfully and the smoke is no longer a problem. We experienced a little rain yesterday and a cold spell is now in the area. Hopefully we have seen the last of the fires.