How can I surprise my kids with WDW trip?

Ok, now I don't feel so bad that my surprise didn't go so well! That was pretty much how my daughter reacted, even though she's been asking to go to Disney for years! That is too funny, I guess I can laugh at my surprise fiasco now too!:rotfl:

When I was in highschool my mom told me she was taking me shoping in orlando and we ended up pulling onto disney property and she prested me with a AP for christmas and we went to the parks I well never forget it

Great post! We are trying to come up with a way to tell our kids they are going to WDW with my folks. I think we want to have some clues to find some 'Survivor-like' puzzle pieces and have them put that together to find out they are going to WDW. We would like to involve some treasure chest with some of the custom maps from the Disney web site.

If you really want them to help planning how about "fudging" the dates a little? Tell them you are planning a trip for next summer vacation, and let them help pick out the things they want to do, and then "surprise" them with the trip in November? You said you were going to visit someone, get in the car and go there and while you are there "surprise" them by just driving on to WDW! The llok on there faces when the go under the WDW sign would be priceless!

I like this idea. We are doing something like this actually. We went last year in April and the kids were asking when we could go back before we left. So, we ended up deciding that we would go back in September. Lo and behold the school year will start Aug 31 for my son instead of after Labor Day, so it kind of threw a wrench in the works. But we made lemonade from lemons and are going 22-29 Aug and suprising them with the early trip at the beginning of August.

I think I'll do something like a stack of post it notes decorated and listing the days till we go, so they can tear them off each day. I'll put them on their doors the night before I want them to see them and slyly point them out in the morning. :-)

good luck to you, no matter how you do it. They'll be so excited I'm sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts