How can I get out of an non-cancelable reservation?

tpmorley

Queen of Hearts
I apparently made a mistake by clicking on a 14 day advance reservation for Days Inn & Suites that is non-cancelable. Just after I made the reservation, I read some pretty awful reviews so I made a reservation at the Park Vue Inn, but I can't get my money back from Days Inn. Any ideas?

I have stayed here many times. It is a basic hotel but it has always been clean & confrontable. The breakfast is one of the better ones I have seen for this type of hotel - Cereal, donuts, bread/toast, fruit, juice, coffee/tea.

Call them up, explain the situation, but you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the hotel's booking policy, so I don't know what your chances are of getting the money back.

Good luck

I did this myself once when planning a vacation. I called back the same day explained my error. I explained our vacation plans are still not definite and I accidentally picked the wrong nonrefundable choice. They happily reversed the chargers. Be polite and call immediately.

I have to agre with abwdreaming here. Time is of the essence. I once accidentally booked a rental car (via my husband's account) for my dad IN my husband's name on Hotwire. I called immediately, they were not pleasant about it, but they did let us cancel/rebook the reservation (in a lower car class, but for the same price) in my dad's name instead. I called within minutes of making the reservation.

I was very polite, owned my mistake and asked if there was any way they could cancel the reservation. After two refusals, I suggested that since our reservation was only for one night, they would probably be able to rent the room at a higher rate than the discounted rate that I had accidentally accepted. Without another word she said, "Your cancellation number is xxxxx." It must have been pixie dust. Thanks, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter