How can I do DC with a Wheelchair?

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by mccachern, May 8, 2001.

1. mccachern

mccachern Earning My Ears

We have been planning a trip to Discovery Cove for months. Last week I broke my leg! Ugh! Now I can't put any weight on my leg for five more weeks--and we are leaving for Orlando in three weeks. I hate to cancel my trip, but I wondered if anyone else has tried to go there in a wheelchair. I reserved one of their sand wheelchairs already. I also have a cast cover that is supposed to be waterproof. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kristas mom

kristas mom Earning My Ears

I have not had to use a wheelchair, but when we were there , a young girl was using one of the sand wheelchairs. I couldn`t believe how big they were. There seem to be alot of ramps etc I think that everything would be pretty accessible. However until you are in that position you wouldn`t really know.
    Hopefully someone else will have more first hand knowledge .

4. mccachern

mccachern Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input. Having ramps and things sounds good. Hopefully there is someone else who has been there in a wheelchair that can tell me more firsthand.

5. sweetpea3470

sweetpea3470 Mouseketeer

HI, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LEG. I WAS AT DC LAST MONTH AND I CAN TELL U THAT THEY DO HAVE HANDICAPPED RAILS RIGHT AT THE WATER'S EDGE SO U WOULD BE ABLE TO GET WHEELED RIGHT UP TO THE RAIL THEN GET INTO THE WATER. I CANT REMEMBER IF ALL THE SECTIONS HAD THIS BUT I KNOW I SAW SOME. GOOD LUCK & I HOPE U STILL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!