how can a "free upgrade" cost me $388?

You will NEVER see the price broken down on a package btw

So let me get this straight. You had two standard rooms booked. You added one adult and one child. Your TA changed one of the rooms to a preferred? Why was this changed? You had the rooms, they were available. It should just be the cost of the tickets since the dining will be free. Youre paying for the preferred room also. Do you have a copy of your res as it stands now? Sounds like your TA has some 'splainin' to do

oh dear, we have one of those families too! to big for one room, to many adults vs children, blah blah, blah, we still love Disney.

Have a magical vacation, tell the TA you will never be booking with her again (after the trip of course) but do let her know now that all the good people on the disboards do not understand how she could have goofed up something so simple that most do not even use a travel agent for! hehe

I would be putting in packages online to figure out the the whole money thing but I am OCD that way. It would make me nuts not to know where my money was going. I would also say just tell them at check in over at ASSp you did not request nor did you want a preferred room and do not understand why you have to pay for it. Explain it is ruining your vacation to be sperated from DH! Sometimes the front desk is able to work magic too.

And I hate to tell you, but once you are onsite and enjoy free dining, uuhh, that townhouse/condo and all that driving will never look the same again! It happens to the best of us!

I think you are wise to just live and learn at this point. No more TA!

Insurance 67 per adult (x3) = 201 + 80 (adult 1 day) + 67 (child 1 day) = 348
preferred room (1 room for 6days) about 60 = doesn't add up.

I'm wondering if you haven't been offered some sort of resort upgrade rather than a free upgrade.

your TA is unlucky...she's made a mistake somewhere...and she doesn't know how to fix it! And you know more about Disney than she does!:surfweb:

Still hoping this works out for you.

AGAIN call and insist she talk with Guest Services...they can look at this history and resolve this dispute. The avg. person she calls can't!

If you want to just keep what you had from the beginning it may not hurt to call Disney and just ask them if it would be possible for them to tell you what those charges are and explain to them what has happened and see if anything could be done. It may also be worth a try to talk to the TA and tell her you want to be at the same place the whole week with 2 adjoining rooms. If you are nice but firm I would think she would possibly be able to get you at the YC for the whole stay. You can always keep calling back and seeing if rooms come open before the deal expires. I bet people will cancel at the last minute. I know you had a pin but it sure sounds like you are being charged dining for the 2 add ons and she is not being very honest with you.

Tickets 1 day base inc tax 79.88 adult and 67.10 child = $146.98
upgrade at ASsp 1 room for 5 nights $12 night $60 bef tax =$206.98 total it should not have cost more than $215 with tax for the changes. Have you tried pricing it out on disney world's reservations online? You could put it in as room only first to get the total room cost and then add tickets to get the difference for the tixs. Send your breakdown to your TA and tell her the math doesn't make sense and you would appreciate knowing why.

HTH

You know as I think about it how the heck would Disney let alone a TA know that adjoining rooms were not available so far ahead of time. They don't do the room assignments till less than a week before your stay. Am I missing something or does this sound weird?

You know as I think about it how the heck would Disney let alone a TA know that adjoining rooms were not available so far ahead of time. They don't do the room assignments till less than a week before your stay. Am I missing something or does this sound weird?

I was just going to say the same thing. Disney doesn't do room assignments until that week...sometime that day. They can not tell you where you are going to be NOW because they don't know. Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have made requests about room locations/adjoining rooms/etc every year and I have never ONCE gotten what I requested. Personally, I don't think they even look at your requests!

I would go with whatever is cheapest for your family and when you arrive at the AllStars kindly remind them that you requested adjoining rooms and see what they can accomodate.

Ok thinking about this did you have a discounted room rate before you added free dining that pushed it up to rack rate? This would make your total with tickets right around the $388. This would also explain why only a one reg rate room would be available and on Prefered when they had to rebook the free dining res. Might that be the issue?

Ok thinking about this did you have a discounted room rate before you added free dining that pushed it up to rack rate? This would make your total with tickets right around the $388. This would also explain why only a one reg rate room would be available and on Prefered when they had to rebook the free dining res. Might that be the issue?

No, the $1717 was quoted to me with the free dining for 2 adults, 4 children and one toddler for six nights at the all star sports. Then I added one adult and one child and it was changed to $2106.

I was just going to say the same thing. Disney doesn't do room assignments until that week...sometime that day. They can not tell you where you are going to be NOW because they don't know. Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have made requests about room locations/adjoining rooms/etc every year and I have never ONCE gotten what I requested. Personally, I don't think they even look at your requests!

I would go with whatever is cheapest for your family and when you arrive at the AllStars kindly remind them that you requested adjoining rooms and see what they can accomodate.

It's not a matter of what is cheapest anymore but what is available. I called disney to inquire about a new ressie and they said their entire resort is booked that week. No rooms available anywhere - values, mods, deluxes, nothing. Not even at rackrate. My TA said that we should have adjoining rooms at both resorts. that is why she is moving us to the YC for the first two nights. No adjoining rooms were available at the ASSp for the first two nights but they were at the YC. But adjoining rooms are available for the last 4 at the assp and that is why they are moving us back there.

Basically, my choice is to accept the 'free upgrade' to the YC for the first two nights or forfeit the adjoining room request. Since our family is one that really can't be divided up easily, we are doing the YC and moving on day 3.

Tickets 1 day base inc tax 79.88 adult and 67.10 child = $146.98
upgrade at ASsp 1 room for 5 nights $12 night $60 bef tax =$206.98 total it should not have cost more than $215 with tax for the changes. Have you tried pricing it out on disney world's reservations online? You could put it in as room only first to get the total room cost and then add tickets to get the difference for the tixs. Send your breakdown to your TA and tell her the math doesn't make sense and you would appreciate knowing why.

HTH

It is actually 6 nights...

Is your TA the boss? I would be speaking to her supervisor and explain the situation that you feel that you are being overcharged for a "free" upgrade that you did not request. Know your facts - 1 adult added to room is x amount, 1 day pass is x amount, this total = x amount and your "free" upgrade is not only costing you more than seems reasonable but your TA is not being co-operative and answering your questions AND you are getting frustrated. While yes, it may be a great deal, you did not ask for it. You requested 2 standard rooms and yet now are being charged for something you did not request. Your original room request should have remained the same (except more people in the rooms) and it sounds like the TA messed up not disney and she is expecting you to live with it now that Disney cannot accomodate your 1st request. Do you have papers showing 2 rooms at standard rate?

If you want to just keep what you had from the beginning it may not hurt to call Disney and just ask them if it would be possible for them to tell you what those charges are and explain to them what has happened and see if anything could be done. It may also be worth a try to talk to the TA and tell her you want to be at the same place the whole week with 2 adjoining rooms. If you are nice but firm I would think she would possibly be able to get you at the YC for the whole stay. You can always keep calling back and seeing if rooms come open before the deal expires. I bet people will cancel at the last minute. I know you had a pin but it sure sounds like you are being charged dining for the 2 add ons and she is not being very honest with you.

Great idea. Except I tried calling and asking about something else and they said that since my TA booked the room, I can't inquire about it. They said that she 'owns' the reservation and I cannot make any changes and they cannot give me any information about it. In fact he was annoyed that I even called their number to ask! He said I have to go through her. Now what was it I called about... Oh yea...I called to make sure they had our request for adjoining rooms!!!!!!!!!!! Now, isn't that ironic :rotfl:

Great idea. Except I tried calling and asking about something else and they said that since my TA booked the room, I can't inquire about it. They said that she 'owns' the reservation and I cannot make any changes and they cannot give me any information about it. In fact he was annoyed that I even called their number to ask! He said I have to go through her. Now what was it I called about... Oh yea...I called to make sure they had our request for adjoining rooms!!!!!!!!!!! Now, isn't that ironic :rotfl:

Go into the TA's office and demand that she call disney with you sitting there and ask any question you want an answer for. Write them down. Have her put the phone on speaker phone. At least then you KNOW the questions have been asked and got the answers in person from WDW. I used a TA the 1st time we took our family trip to WDW and it will be the last time I use a TA. I hated that I could not ask a smiple question regarding a vacation I spent ALOT of money on and get a simple answer :headache:

Is your TA the boss? I would be speaking to her supervisor and explain the situation that you feel that you are being overcharged for a "free" upgrade that you did not request. Know your facts - 1 adult added to room is x amount, 1 day pass is x amount, this total = x amount and your "free" upgrade is not only costing you more than seems reasonable but your TA is not being co-operative and answering your questions AND you are getting frustrated. While yes, it may be a great deal, you did not ask for it. You requested 2 standard rooms and yet now are being charged for something you did not request. Your original room request should have remained the same (except more people in the rooms) and it sounds like the TA messed up not disney and she is expecting you to live with it now that Disney cannot accomodate your 1st request. Do you have papers showing 2 rooms at standard rate?

he he! :rotfl2: I came here to vent because I was frustrated. I did that and now I am over being mad. It seems like my friends here on the boards are now more upset about it than I am.

Yes, she is an independent agent. I have sent her another email requesting more information. Specifically making sure no trip insurance or different tickets were purchased. I don't think she works Saturdays so maybe I will have an answer by Monday.

Go into the TA's office and demand that she call disney with you sitting there and ask any question you want an answer for. Write them down. Have her put the phone on speaker phone. At least then you KNOW the questions have been asked and got the answers in person from WDW. I used a TA the 1st time we took our family trip to WDW and it will be the last time I use a TA. I hated that I could not ask a smiple question regarding a vacation I spent ALOT of money on and get a simple answer :headache:

I am right there with you about being the last time to use a TA. Her office is not local. If she doesn't have an answer by Monday I will try doing a conference call with her and Disney.

Love your attitude! How did you get bewitched?

Dang, I feel like I am in school and if I get the answer to the impossible math question I will win a prize. lol I think I want the answer as much as you do.

Dang, I feel like I am in school and if I get the answer to the impossible math question I will win a prize. lol I think I want the answer as much as you do.

Disney and Math - my two favorite subjects :love:

Thanks again Sally! I updated my siggie!!

Were park hoppers added? Just thinking that could bump up the price a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter