How big is your toddler??

DREAMINGOFMOUSEEARS

Mouseketeer
I have been reading all of these threads about toddlers and rides. And from what I have seen most kids aren't 40 inches untill they are 4??? My DD will be three in a few weeks and is already at 40 inches!? I am hoping I am not going to have weird looks at the gate when I tell them she is two. I just really never thought about it till now. Is there anything I can bring to set my mind at ease? It's not like she has a drivers license LOL!:confused3

My dd is tall too and I brought a copy of her birth certificate just in case but we didn't have any problems!

great idea thanks so much I am driving my husband crazy worrying about this. I am a complete worry wart LOL! I will just have to take it to set my mind at ease. Did your dd ride any bigger rides?? If so what was her reaction?:goodvibes

My DD(3) just turned 3 in June and she is 40 3/4" I am tall and my father is over 6' so, I think that DD will be tall too. She had grown about 1 3/4" since her 3 yr. appt in June and I think that she is going through another growth spurt at the moment.

I have never been asked about my daughter's age, no matter when we have gone. She has been to WDW 5x since the age of 6mos. I have never once been questioned. She not only is tall for her age, but she talks very well also.

If it makes you feel better to bring her Birth Cert. then do it, but I wouldn't worry about it.

My older DD was 41 inches and 39 pounds at her 3 year check up. People mistake her for a 5-6 year old almost every day (and they expect her to behave like a 5 or 6 year old, not a 3 year old... but that is a whole different kettle of fish!). Now, 6 months later, she is 43 inches! By the time we get to Disney in February, she will probably be tall enough for Space Mountain... :rotfl:

We are planning on bringing a photocopy of her birth certificate, especially since we are on the DDP and will have her younger sister with us. I do not want any issues with meals, tickets, etc., if I can possibly avoid them.

:flower3:

My youngest ds was 2.5 When he first rode TOT and loved it! he was over 40 inches .
Kim

My DS turned 4 in June and is just now 40 inches. He was 39-3/4 in May when we went to WDW, and he wasn't tall enough to ride the bigger rides.

My DS turned three in May. He is 40 inches tall and weighs about 35.5 lbs.

We took my nephew to WDW a few years back. He was seven years old, 44 inches tall and weighed just 44 lbs.

I took my DS to the Dr. today. He is 2 1/2 today and is 36 1/2 inches tall. He is at about the 75 % for his age. Hope that helps.

My son is now 6, but everyone thought he was 4 when he was only 2 1/2. We went to Disney and I forgot to bring his birth cert. We got questioned at the gate every time, but they let him in with doubtful looks on their face. Then one castmember did not ask and I told them how old he was and that everyone else was questioning me on his age. The CM said if they really doubt, they will usually ask the child because it is rare the child will give the wrong age. After I thought about it, several had casually asked him how old he was.

But when he was 3, we went out to dinner at Maggiano's and were doing the family style dinner - you pay for your kid when they are 5. Again - people always thought he was older. I would have him at the grocery store and people would actually ask me why he wasn't in school and their jaws would drop when I told them his age. I told the waiter he was only 3 and my son says, "No I'm not, I'm FIVE!" I thought I was going to die! They didn't make us pay for him though.

We just got back from our trip and my DD2 looks 2 to me, but people always ask if she is 3 or 4. Don't know why, she still wears 18 mos clothes. We were asked once how old she was at Animal Kingdom and they let her in with no problem.

Our dd is two and a half and is 32.5 pounds and 36 inches. That might be off a teensy bit since we don't take our children to the doctor.

I told the waiter he was only 3 and my son says, "No I'm not, I'm FIVE!" I thought I was going to die! They didn't make us pay for him though.

My three year old does that on occasion too! He hasn't done it anywhere like that though. :rotfl2:

DS was 35" at his 15 month check up last month. DH is 6'7" and I'm 5'7" so we knew he'd be tall... but even we're a bit surprised at his height. People always think he's older than he is and expect him to be able to talk well -- which he's still working on. Usually we get a few looks when we tell people his age. We always take his birth certificate along with us just in case.

My ds wil be 4 in 2 weeks, and he's 42.5" and right at 40 lbs. My dd is 2.5, and she's 25 lbs and barely 36". Or at least that's what my scale and wall height measurement say. We also don't do well baby visits.

Our DS is 21mo now and was just under 36" at his 18mo check up. He's always been near the top of the growth chart for height - which is a bit surprising since I'm only 5'4" and DH is 5'10".

I'm sure the Cast Members are used to seeing many children of varying ages and sizes - I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Our DD4 (as of June) is 43" tall (barefoot) and weighs 35 pounds. She has always been very tall for her age. People always think she is older than 4. She just started preschool and when they had an open house at the school for the new families, they thought she was one of the new first graders!:rotfl2: It certainly doesn't help that she knocked out one of her front teeth about 4 months ago either. That doesn't make her look any younger. Our other DD will be 2 at the end of this month. She already tells people now that she is 2. If you ask her how old she's going to be on her birthday, she says "Three!". We go to WDW in January and I certainly don't want her telling people she is 3 when she will barely be 2! Luckily, DD"2" is not overly tall. I think she is about 34" tall and she weighs about 25 pounds. The 2 girls look so different that it is hard to believe they are even sisters. DD4 is ultra-light blond hair, fair skin, blue eyes, tall and skinny. DD"2" is olive-skinned, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, short and stocky. The oldest is my twin and the youngest is daddy's little replica!

Our youngest dd is 21 months and 36" tall. Every one always feels the need to comment, "Wow, she's tall". At my older dd's soccer game another mother asked me how old she was and when I said 1 her eyes bugged and her jaw dropped. :rolleyes: It is so weird because or older daughter was always very tiny and short. We have had both ends of the stick.

We are going two months after she turns two. I am going to take a copy of her birth certificate with us. I may never need to show it but I also don't want to be falsely accused either. So, just to be safe we are bringing it.

My 2.5 yo is 36.5 inches. So far she's gone on Gadget's Go-Coaster, Goofy's Barnstormer, and the Matterhorn and loved them all :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!