How big are the phones the cruise provides?

darlabliss

Earning My Ears
I've read that the cruise supplies some kind of track phone? I would like my daughters to keep one with them at all times. How big are they? How is the best way for kids to carry them? Do they text or talk? THANKS!!

I've read that the cruise supplies some kind of track phone? I would like my daughters to keep one with them at all times. How big are they? How is the best way for kids to carry them? Do they text or talk? THANKS!!

They are about 6" long (they are just like a cordless house phone). My son just keeps his in his pocket.

The phones both call and text but they don't ring, just vibrate. It makes sense they don't ring - imagine the noise on the ship - but we did miss a few calls from our son because it was in our beach bag. They are bigger than a cell phone, but a little smaller than a house cordless phone. My son wears cargo shorts and easily carried one. My husband also carried one in his pockets. I though never really had a good place to put it.

11ru59g.jpg

You get two phones in your room. You can get additional phones (for a fee) at Guest Services. If the phones are lost or damaged the cost is $250.

:cutie:

They are about 2 inches wide by about 4 1/2 inches long. They are like a very low grade cell phone. They don't work well--as others have noted, it is easy to miss texts/calls as they vibrate minimally. We put them in the desk drawer and use our "old" communication methods!

There is a $250 per phone charge if they are lost or damaged.

Yes...before you give them to a child to carry, remember there is a $250 charge if the phone is lost or damaged.

Have you given them to littler kids say age range of 6-8? Just wondering if he needs one it the club or should I just have the staff call?

We just returned from the Magic and this was our second cruise with the Wavephones. Neither of our phones could call the other one. Must have been a programming glitch, but when we dialed one Wavephone from the other, the stateroom phone rang instead. One Wavephone's battery didn't hold a charge for more than a couple of hours. We ended up not using them at all.

They are narrower than an iphone and about the same height.

They SAVED my birthday!

DH and I were set on an excursion that left around 11. We had breakfast and were wandering about the ship. Lazy birthday morning. Everything was perfect.

We had about 20 minutes before meeting for our excursion. 20 went up tot he stateroom for something. I went to say hello to crew member. Great birthday morning, excursion coming up, :cool1: oh happy day.

Wave phone vibrates. It's DH. There was a message in our stateroom that our excursion had been cancelled due to the vendor. All the morning excursions were gone. It's my birthday. AHHHH! Now what!?!?

I was standing at Guest Services. I shoot over to the Excursions desk. They book us on an excursion that was leaving in 10 minutes. Woohoo!!! :dance3: Birthday back in swing! :yay:

If we didn't have that wave phone, there is no way we would have gotten everything coordinated in time to get on a new excursion.

L O V E the wave phone!

- Dreams

Have you given them to littler kids say age range of 6-8? Just wondering if he needs one it the club or should I just have the staff call?

The staff in the club/lab will contact you via the phone when your child wants picked up. No need for them to have a phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter