How best to change my reservation over?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Disneydrmr, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Disneydrmr

Disneydrmr Earning My Ears

We have booked our 11 month reservation at our home resort....in a couple of days we want to try and get a non-home resort at 7 months out. What is the best way to "switch" the reservation? If I use the online reservation system, do I need to book a brand new reservation and then cancel my original reservation? Is it best to just call member services when they open so that they can make the switch without cancelling and moving points in and out? At the end of all the transaction switching, my points would net out to 0.

I realize the online system will be down for the next two days and I can make my seven month reservation on Wednesday morning which will probably be crazy busy due to the outage.

Any suggestions? In case it makes any difference, we are looking to get two studios at Beach Club and Boardwalk.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

It's going to be a cancel & new reservation either way. I believe what member services can do is hold the new reservation while the old one is cancelled.

Regarding member services outage:

4. Pirate Granny

Pirate Granny DIS Veteran

I don't think so, I've always been cautioned by member service very carefully, that they need to cancel my reservation to snag the other...it's a risk that someone could get it first.

5. shortypots

shortypots DIS Veteran

This is the exact scenario I have been worrying about myself... I need to book my VWL reservation on Nov 13 for Oct 13-20 next year, but we want to try to get Beach club at 7 months (I know it is a long shot), and I was wondering if I had two windows open (1 in explorer 1 in firefox) so I could do both so close together.

How do the waitlists work? If you put a waitlist in online does it know that it is to replace the other reservation you have? Does it ask if it is in replacement?

I hate having to call and much prefer the internet so if I could do this all online somehow, I would much prefer that, but I am beginning to think I need to call right at 9 am in March to even attempt to get it.

6. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

i get the impression that some CMs can hold it but some can't (or don't know how).

right - you'd have to set it up to cancel the current reservation if the waitlist matches.

7. shortypots

shortypots DIS Veteran

So there is a question when you waitlist online if you want your previous reservation to cancel in the event you get your waitlist? If so, that is really cool!