How bad will the week before Easter be?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by FLmomof2, Dec 29, 2011.

1. FLmomof2

FLmomof2 Keep Moving Forward

We are thinking of doing Disneyland for the 1st time the week before Easter. Will it be so crowded we won't be able to enjoy it or get all the rides done? We are pros at Disneyworld, but I haven't been to Disneyland in 30 years and my husband has never been.

I know the East coast doesn't have that week as vacation but I believe CA does...and advice?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. perlster

perlster DIS Veteran

4. longtimedisneylurker

longtimedisneylurker DIS Veteran

We made our first ever trip to Disneyland the Wednesday - Friday before Easter just before the 50th anniversary. As newbies with two small boys and no Disney experience, it was rough despite all the research I had done. The hardest part was just maneuvering through the crowds. I had had enough after that trip and declared on the ride home that if we never went back to Disneyland for the rest of my life, I would be fine with that. Of course, we've been back 24 times since, so I guess I got over that. :rotfl:

Spring break is a moving target around here. Many, many schools will have that week off, but some will have the week after Easter instead or some other random week in March or April. From our experiences, I would say that the week before Easter is busier than the week after. I would still try to avoid the Friday if I could because crowds really do pick up even more that day. If you get up early and use fastpass and have patience with some of the crowds, then you'll be fine. It's nothing like the craziness between Christmas or New Year's, but I would say the week before Easter can be busier than a typical summer day.

5. llump41

llump41 Mouseketeer

According to a CM, spring break at DL is roughly a 6 week event with the larger crowds being closer to Easter. If this is your first trip and wanting to do everything, I'd pass. You would have a better time during the summer.

6. skiingfast

skiingfast <font color=teal>Has had no bacon<br><font color=b