How bad is this?

I love how some people are so preachy. Disney is making rules so their bottom line goes up.Just like when you are at a deluxe and you can have 5 in a room and they charge you an additional 25.00 a night if they aren't family. What a joke when a family of 5 gets the same room and uses the same amenities for less.Disney is more worried about profits.These aren't golden rules, they are disney rules made to benefit disney!

I love how some people are so preachy. Disney is making rules so their bottom line goes up.Just like when you are at a deluxe and you can have 5 in a room and they charge you an additional 25.00 a night if they aren't family. What a joke when a family of 5 gets the same room and uses the same amenities for less.Disney is more worried about profits.These aren't golden rules, they are disney rules made to benefit disney!

Haha

But on the serious side, why not just go for a Family Suite at a value resort? They sleep five and then everyone (on here) is happy and no rules are being broken.

We have changed our plans and are arriving a day earlier than planned, also. Instead of staying at Disney, we are going to stay at a local hotel in Orlando that first day. We're going to just explore I-Drive & relax.

You have a few things wrong. First off, they do not charge you for having people in your room that are not family. They charge for having more than 2 adults in a room, family or not. And the room occupency levels are not set by Disney, but by the Fire Marshall.

And what is wrong with Disney making money anyway? :confused3 They are a business!

JMHO-- you bought the points to use them, so use them. QUOTE]

I agree with this.
seriously, your thinking of doing this to save $400?
A room will cost you money, then there's dinner and probably breakfast the next day.
So where is your saving at?
Then figure you paid for the points and the annual fees.
By the time you factor in that your probably breaking even at best.

If you have the points for another night use them
It costs you less to use points on a sat. night then return for a whole different trip to get a cheaper nights of points that are already paid for.

You have a few things wrong. First off, they do not charge you for having people in your room that are not family. They charge for having more than 2 adults in a room, family or not. And the room occupency levels are not set by Disney, but by the Fire Marshall.

And what is wrong with Disney making money anyway? :confused3 They are a business!

They charge you more for 5 people depending who they are! Something morally wrong here,5 people are 5 people.Charging 25.00 a person more for adults is wrong.I have no problem with disney making money but no one needs to gouge.This fire marshal thing is a joke too, a safety issue with five people in one room but not another? I've stayed in both and see no issues other than comfort in the value resort!

They charge you more for 5 people depending who they are! Something morally wrong here,5 people are 5 people.Charging 25.00 a person more for adults is wrong.I have no problem with disney making money but no one needs to gouge.This fire marshal thing is a joke too, a safety issue with five people in one room but not another? I've stayed in both and see no issues other than comfort in the value resort!

Just my guess but I would think the extra fee is so disney rooms don't turn into a motel 6 in Cancun. A cheap place to party.

Probably has less to do with trying to "gouge" people since people who stay on property spend more money than those that don't. So Disney tries to enourage as many people as possible to stay in their resorts.

That said..I'm staying out of this arguement and out of maxie's way. :lmao:

Not that I am condoning breaking the rules, but Disney allows DVC members to put 5 guests on a reservation for a room 'coded' for 4 people.. Isn't that a violation of the fire code as well?

Not that I am condoning breaking the rules, but Disney allows DVC members to put 5 guests on a reservation for a room 'coded' for 4 people.. Isn't that a violation of the fire code as well?

Thank you, LaurenLC I guess special treatment is only available if you drop 12,000 on a time share!

Thank you, LaurenLC I guess special treatment is only available if you drop 12,000 on a time share!

I was actually trying to point out the fact that it was unfair. I think rules should be set and followed for everyone.... I wasn't trying to rub anyone's nose in it.. I'm sorry if it came out that way.

I was actually trying to point out the fact that it was unfair. I think rules should be set and followed for everyone.... I wasn't trying to rub anyone's nose in it.. I'm sorry if it came out that way.

I was not trying to be rude to you, just thank you for making the point it is unfair!

I thought it was 16,900 :confused3

Either way, by the time the fire marshall gets wind of it, you'll be checked out.

I know folks who have put more people in a room, which I personally wouldn't do as I like just out family in it for space issue.

But yes, its nice to see they give better treatment for some...

If its 5 in a room for the entire trip, that's one thing, but a temporary one night deal, isn't a biggy.

tried this once before at a similar sort of hotel over here in Britain with my family. The room we booked slept a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children under 16. My sister was 17 at the time and I was 14. We didn't think it would be a problem, as we could just sneak in and they wouldn't look that closely, but of course they found out and we had to pay for another room for the night.
You might as well chance it, but just be prepared for them to find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter