How bad is the wait on buses at the Caribbean resort?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by britton, Mar 14, 2013.

1. britton

britton Earning My Ears

I have read very different accounts

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

We haven't ever had a wait longer than 20 minutes with the majority of the time being less. Well, I take that back, my husband once decided to sleep in and meet up with us after lunch. He had to said 25 minutes for a bus that time but it wasn't during peak traveling time either. Our stays have been early to late May, Memorial Day week, Star Wars weekends and early to mid-August.

4. DizDaD7

DizDaD7 Truly a ~GOOFY~ Person.

In my instance....BAD

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

It's been quite a few years since our stay, but we loved the transportation. We thought the buses were quick and efficient, with little or no wait.

6. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We have had a similar experience as Mickeystoontown on all of our stays at CBR- I think the longest wait was around 20 min. in the afternoon. During peak hours we often only waited 10 min.

7. Mrs Eeyore

Mrs Eeyore too broke for Disney

We've been there twice and I think you hear different reviews because it varies so much. In May 2009 we thought the bus service was terrible. The waits were long and it seemed like we saw every bus other than the one we needed. If we wanted MK we'd see two buses for Epcot and three for DHS and so on before the MK bus. And of course the MK bus would be packed to the doors and would have to make lengthy stops to board wheelchairs. We were always relieved once the wheelchair spots were full.

Almost exactly a year later, so time of year wasn't a factor, it was a completely different story. We rarely had to wait more than 5-10 minutes, the bus we wanted was usually among the first to show up, and we almost always got a seat. But for some reason that was kinda typical of our whole trip. Everything went our way in 2010 while 2009 was somewhat challenging. Maybe we broke a mirror in 2002 and the effects had worn off by the second trip. :laughing:

8. mistyinlex

mistyinlex Earning My Ears

CBR was our first mod resort stay, the transportation was horrible for us (sept). We had a stroller and thought that made it worse. The waits were long and the buses were always overcrowded. If we stay mod, we now stay POR, but others may have better experiences at CBR.

9. 2fortheShow

2fortheShow Mouseketeer

We stayed at CBR in summer 2011. We never had an issue with transportation, either coming or going to the resort. The longest we waited was probably 15 minutes and again, that was not each time taking the bus.

Keep in mind that where ever you stay, there are going to be people who have had bad experiences with the buses even the deluxe hotels. Maybe out of coincidence what you have heard about CBR buses happened because they just arrived at the busstop at the wrong time, or the bus was totally crowded when they got on, etc. Keep an open mind, because the buses may be absolutely perfect and on time for you.

Once again, I had not issues with the buses at all and we were there during peak season.

10. cheerforchelsea

cheerforchelsea DIS Veteran

I have stayed at CBR many times and the only time I had any trouble with a long wait for a bus was when our room was located in South Trinidad. (I will not be staying in a Pirate Themed Room because I refuse to stay in South Trinidad) Otherwise the wait for a bus has always been a minimal amount of time...I have stayed there during some of the most crowded times....Memorial Week and Thanksgiving.

11. jmcghee2024

jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

It's gotten much better in the past year or 2. You shouldn't have any issues!

12. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

We just stayed at CBR in December, and the wait time for buses was just fine. I don't remember any long waits at all. The only thing I don't like is that with 7 stops you spend a lot of time just riding around the resort.

13. lobsterslayer

lobsterslayer Mouseketeer

We stayed there in late Feb into early Mar of 12 and thought the buses were pretty good. We did stay in a preferred room and that put us at an early stop. I remember one day that the bus had to drive by a couple of the last stops because it was full. The people waiting at these bus stops watching us drive by didn't seem very happy with disney transportation. I can't remember what rooms were near the first few bus stops but if we stay there again I will request a room near them.

14. carly chloe

carly chloe DIS Veteran

We've stayed there twice and never had any issues.

15. maxiesmom

The bus stop by Jamaica is the first one for every park except the Magic Kingdom. So the preferred rooms are by stop 4 out of 7.

16. Rivergirl2005

Rivergirl2005 Mouseketeer

What is the first stop for the Magic Kingdom bus?

17. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

If memory serves, Martinique.

18. bfamily5

bfamily5 Yes, I need another guide book...it's part of the

IMHO the bus service at CBR was ok. We were comparing to POR :love: The biggest issue was the DTD bus. We waited a LONG time for that and saw every theme park bus at least twice before 1 DTD bus. Of course, we were missing our water taxi from POR at that point... oh well, live and learn :lmao:

19. Lilkidatheart

Lilkidatheart Earning My Ears

I found the bus service to be better at CBR than POR. We stayed in the Jamaica rooms.

20. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

Our issue was the number of stops at CBR . We were in Jamaica which was first and it took 20 minutes just to get out of the resort because there are so many stops. On the flip side we were always the first ones off at night. People at the last stop always had to stand.

21. maxiesmom

I asked to be in Jamaica so we would be by the first stop, because I had my 70+ dad on the trip with me, and I wanted him to have a seat on the bus. But it did make for some long rides around the resort.