How bad is Pop Warner?

Last year we were at CSR and a number of cheerleaders were there. Not way bad, but you did notice them mostly because of cheering not so much rudeness.

Since kids generally feel the "power" to be obnoxious in numbers and POFQ was used as overflow, I wouldn't worry too much about noise in overflow. 'Course, I've been wrong B4. :rolleyes1 ;) The excuse that kids will be kids never washes with me as a parent. I'm pretty sure people are talking about well beyond normal child/adolescent idiocy.

How rude can you all be. These girls work hard to get to this point. There are two groups that go. Pop Warner and AYC. My daughter cheers for AYC and they are all warned that if they do not behave the will be sent home. It has happened, parents had to come get them. I have seen many ill behaved children at disney parks and they are not all associated with group sports. Lets all strop blameing the cheerleaders.

Not without due cause I assure you...I know the girls and teams work hard, I know they are kids..But that is STILL no excuse to act out, misbehave and make a mess of things.Maybe your groups are well behaved, but the ones I have encountered were not..running down the halls banging on doors at 2am, screaming and yelling outside at 6am, pushing my 3 yr old niece down on the pavement and then laughing about it,shoving me out of the way to stampede onto the bus,I approached several chaperones... and the chaperones were like drunken sailors on shore leave.Not only did they not correct the kids, they had the nerve to cuss me out...Sorry..I know it seems unfair to tar all with the same brush, but after a few years of spending my one and only vacation week and my money, I would rather avoid it then try to figure out what shenanigans I am going to deal with.

mikoiv-Do you know if this was one of the main resorts they were staying at or overflow? Was the food court area packed to the gills? Did you notice a lot of noise at night in the rooms next to you?

I think would be OK with overflow but not if it is a main resort! I really don't think i could handle it again

AYC or American Youth Cheer seems to have a few more rules and regulations then Pop Warner for their cheerleaders and Chaperones. Maybe that has something to do with why so many groups left Pop warner for AYC. Unfortunatley we are in Orlando at the same time and we all get lableled. Alot of the AYC teams are told if they do not behave their teams will not go to nationals the following year regardless of how well they do at other competions. Our group will not stay at the same hotel as a pop team because they don't want to be seen as troublemakers. If you still have a problem complain to the specific resort when there is a problem. It is up to them to say something to the orgination. That is the only way things will really change.

I changed our dates to two weeks earlier, we were originally staying at POFQ and leaving on Sat. Dec. 4, but I was a bit concerned about early arrivals of Pop Warner kids and overflow from POR. :eek:

We stayed at CSR, and we forgot they were even there - none at the hotel and barely saw them at the parks. DHS closed early one night for them, so we just didn't make that a DHS day.

Since kids generally feel the "power" to be obnoxious in numbers and POFQ was used as overflow, I wouldn't worry too much about noise in overflow. 'Course, I've been wrong B4. :rolleyes1 ;) The excuse that kids will be kids never washes with me as a parent. I'm pretty sure people are talking about well beyond normal child/adolescent idiocy.

The one time we were down there with them, POFQ was used as the overflow resort (from PORS). It was terrible. We were facing the courtyard right outside building 4 and got woke up every morning about 0600 by teams practicing and trying to outdo each other. Then late at night they'd be out there screaming again. Several nights between 1:00-2:00am there would be herds of girls running down the walkways just beating on people's doors and screaming. Security was called repeatedly, but the girls would be gone by the time security could get there. Forget about using the pool or hot tub, it wasn't happening. The so called chaperones were worse than the kids. They were like a bunch of drunken sailors on leave, sitting around the bar and in the lounge getting drunk and arguing. On the boat to DTD one night the boat captain had to stop the boat because of two drunk mothers arguing and trying to fight. Some male guests on the boat had to separate them. After that incident we decided to take the bus back to POFQ that night. When the bus finally arrived, a huge group of cheerleaders that arrived just as the bus pulled up actually pushed people out the way charging their way laughing and screaming onto the bus with their chaperones laughing and encouraging them. A little boy about 3-4 y/o was knocked away from his parents, fell to his knees right in front of the bus doors and the cheerleaders just laughed as they stepped over him. They took over the food court every morning, left trash everywhere, and pushed in front of people trying to refill their mugs. At the soda station one morning I heard a girl getting onto another girl about leaving her mess. The other girl got really smart and made the comment, "my dad says he paid big bucks for this trip and Disney better treat us like kings". She then laughed, picked up a handful of straws and threw them all over the floor as she walked away. We went to guest services to complain about them and was basically told that everyone was complaining about them, but there was nothing Disney could do, as there was just too many of them acting out that year.:mad:

I agree with last poster. We stayed at the POFQ 8 years ago during Pop Warner (we had no idea!). It was horrible. The kids spent there downtime, running up and down the hallways outside our room, tried using their room keys to get into ours, skateboards, the food court was crazy, etc. Although it's a nice time of the year to go, I would never do it again staying at a mod or value.

We were also there during a cheerleading championship Feb 09 and heard people complaining about the kids, but we stayed at the Poly that year and never saw a cheerleader at the hotel! Unfortunately, if you are not staying deluxe, therein lies the problem. The parks were fine!! If you still want to go at that time, I'd consider upgrading to a deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter