How bad are the flies in the parks?

More info... Integrated Pest Management. A program where Disney releases 250,000 beneficial insects onto the property each year. Their mission? To control harmful insects by doing what comes naturally -- they gobble them up.

Disney World is a nature preserve so they do this very often. My husband marvels (no pun intended) at how he can come home with no bites when mosquitoes just eat him up everywhere else.

However, to the OP, if taking spray will make you feel better, then do so. Although I would advise a lotion of some sort.

Never see bugs in the park, but grassy areas of the resorts can have mosquitoes. I'm like candy to them so if no one else gets bitten I often do and I've had maybe one bite at WDW ever.

That would be my husband, which is why I was asking, lol. They tend to not bother me too bad, but they devour my husband. And our daughter swells EXTREMELY bad with bites.

I had never encountered a mosquito (or any type of biting bug) problem at WDW, until this past January. At POR we found the mosquitos came out to play every evening outside of our room door. Walking around the resort, we didn't have a problem. I'm not sure if there was something specific going on environmentally near our door that was attracting them. We were not near the water. We were by a parking lot, so go figure. We have seen enormous spiders in the trees and even building webs between our car and a tree we were parked next to. They are beautiful blue, orange, black, and yellow spiders that are bigger than a human hand. I know it sounds freaky, but hey...big spiders eat big mosquitoes.

Yeah.... I would so run screaming back into the house, and would refuse to come out until DH killed that sucker, lol.

I don't recall ever being bitten by anything at WDW, and the only bugs I've seen is the occasional waterbug by the pools. The tiny lizards, however...

They spray for bugs all the time at every resort and in every park. You will see a fly here or there, but I would not worry about it that much.

That would be my husband, which is why I was asking, lol. They tend to not bother me too bad, but they devour my husband. And our daughter swells EXTREMELY bad with bites.
Yes, I get the swelling too. Like I said never in parks but have seen them at resorts (especially around dusk).

I carry Off wipes In my park bag, "just in case" and I think I have the same packs going on trip 3 or 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter