How are the rooms at the Yacht Club?

floridadream

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone--

We were originally planning on staying at the Beach Club but the type of room we wanted doesn't seem to be available. I know that the YC is due for a refurb, so I'm trying to figure out if the rooms are really run down and we should pay more for a better room at the BC, or if they're fine. I guess I don't want to spend that much money if the rooms are in poor shape. We're planning an August 2016 trip if that matters. Thank you!

We stayed here in September. One spot of the wall had peeling wall paper. Other than that everything in the room was very nice and well kept. My sisters family had no issues in their room, everything was nice and well kept. I really enjoyed staying at YC. It was so nice having our own balcony. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

We stayed there in November of 2014 & our room was spotless as was the rest of the resort.
We really couldn't fault anything about our stay there & are planning on going back on our next trip.

Was there at the end of Sept. and while it was obvious the decor was a little worn, my room was spotless and I had no problems. Given the choice, I always pick YC over BC every time since my kid is grown. I like the full balcony and more grown up feel of YC.

There are a few reviews of the YC room conditions from recent guests in the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread. I haven't had a chance to link the reviews to the front page review section, but there are two on page 378 (casey5457 Nov 2015 and shoreward Jan 2016) and page 384 (maxie86).

You can get to the thread by clicking on the link in my signature.

We don't know exactly when the YC room rehab will be started. I try to keep the first post on the thread updated with the latest credible news.

:)

I was there in October. The hallways seemed to be a little on the worn side but the room itself was perfect. I couldn't find anything wrong with it (and I gave it a pretty good inspection).

There are a few reviews of the YC room conditions from recent guests in the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread. I haven't had a chance to link the reviews to the front page review section, but there are two on page 378 (casey5457 Nov 2015 and shoreward Jan 2016) and page 384 (maxie86).

You can get to the thread by clicking on the link in my signature.

We don't know exactly when the YC room rehab will be started. I try to keep the first post on the thread updated with the latest credible news.

:)
Thank you so much!

We stayed at the YC in Sept 2014 and Sept 2015 and both rooms were spotless and in good shape. I would not hesitate to stay there again. :)

We just returned from our trip on Tuesday and really enjoyed our stay at the Yacht Club. Our room was lovely except the bed was hard and not the most comfortable. I was surprised. I don't know that the beds would be that much different at another resort.

Hi Everyone--

We were originally planning on staying at the Beach Club but the type of room we wanted doesn't seem to be available. I know that the YC is due for a refurb, so I'm trying to figure out if the rooms are really run down and we should pay more for a better room at the BC, or if they're fine. I guess I don't want to spend that much money if the rooms are in poor shape. We're planning an August 2016 trip if that matters. Thank you!

We stayed there last July. The room was fine- could use updating (saw a few inches of peeling paper, & one lamp initially didn't work), but was exactly what you would expect from a Disney deluxe (for better & worse). My main issue with the room was the tiny bathroom, but that's typical at WDW and is not going to be changed via a refurb.

Try to pin the Yacht Club down on the progress of the refurbishment. We were at The Beach Club last spring and the hammering was right above our room. Normally not a problem as they do it doing hours when you are out of the room but a member of my family had a very bad cold and tried to take a rest during the day - obviously not possible. On one occasion, the work began at 8:00 AM ! I am not sure I would stay at a property again that is in the midst of refurbishment. beachfan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter