How are crowds this week?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
I'm curious if it's as nuts as last year at this time!

I'll be there tomorrow and was wondering how today is. I expect it to be busy. Maybe very busy.... The sun was out today but it's cold!! Tomorrow should be the same. I'll report back!

Is it always super busy the week before Thanksgiving? I was checking attendance on an app on my phone and it said that Disneyland was at 100% attendance yesterday!

We were there from last Wed until yesterday. The crowd level was so much nicer Wed, Thurs, and even Fri wasn't too bad. But Sat and yesterday....VERY busy! so much so yesterday being our last day and raining ( and we're from Washington :lmao:) we ended up just leaving the park and eating on the way to the airport. Wasn't worth standing in lines that were 10 minutes long go up to 45 minutes. Just pack the patience :goodvibes and a coat. Have a great time.

Saturday was busy but we had early entry and were able to get all the major rides in with fastPass. Monday was crowded similar to Tuesday of last year, the crowds were toughest in afternoon, most fp ran out by midday but we held on to ours and used them later. So far I would say attendance is similar to other years with the exception of 2008 which I found lighter than normal.

Go to this site: scottware.com.au

The ABSOLUTE least crowded time is the week after Thanksgiving.

I'm guessing the parks are very crowded this week--although perhaps a tad less than last year. In 2010, some school districts had furlough days during this week, which meant kids were out of school for the entire week instead of just Thursday and Friday. It doesn't seem like there are the same furlough days this year as last. Regardless, the parks are sure to be extremely busy until the AP blockouts take effect on Thursday.

Was Pumba in use?
Yes... and about 1/2 full early afternoon
Pumbaa was also open last Saturday 11/19 when I parked there to visit DLR. I'm guessing it'll remain open throughout this week. It's my favorite parking lot during these peak attendance days. :goodvibes

Yes, it was very busy today (Tues.). We walked by Star Tours about 11:30 and fastpass return time was about 10 pm. We only rode about 5 or 6 rides. Walked over to DCA and saw Aladdin until it stopped for technical reasons and was unable to resume. Very crowded and congested in the usual areas. Feel bad for those in wheelchairs/scooters. I can't imagine trying to get around in one of those with all the crowds.

Winnie the Pooh had an half an hour wait from about 2-4 today, and Indy was at 85 minutes at 8:30 pm. If Winnie the Pooh has a longer than 10 minute wait, you know its busy!

Last year on Thanksgiving, the park was normal, not too crowded but not light, rain-time crowds either.

I'll be there tomorrow (Friday) with friends and their two kids. We're anticipating medium-heavy crowds with really nice weather in the forecast. Checking Mousewait now on Thanksgiving afternoon is showing average wait times--not too long and not too short.

BTMRR: 20
Dumbo: 26
Haunted Mansion: 30
Indy: 31
IASW: 13
Space Mountain: 45
Star Tours: 45

California Screaming: 15
The Little Mermaid: 5
Soarin: 35
ToT: 30

I hope everyone at the parks or going this weekend has a fantastic time! :goodvibes

We had a great first day! It was honestly much better crowd-wise than I was expecting. We were there for MM this morning, wait times not bad at all. Had a wonderful (and I must say DELICIOUS) Thanksgiving meal at Goofy's this afternoon for Thanksgiving dinner. We went back after dinner and went on a few more rides (only 10 minutes for Haunted Mansion, Indy was only 25 min., Splash was 5 min., and then walked on Jungle Cruise and Winnie the Pooh. Very pleased with our first day!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter