How accurate is the Mousewaits app?

angiebaylor

Mouseketeer
I just realized there was this app and downloaded it....my question...is it pretty accurate....the reason I am asking is b/c about 3pm this afternoon when I first downloaded it it said that the ariel ride at DCA was only 8 minutes....and from what I am reading on the boards is that that one is usually a long wait....so just wondering if anyone had much experience with this app....(star tours on the other hand said 75 minutes so I was thinking that that one was right!)

thanks so much!

It is very accurate however when you look at it be sure to look at the time below it. It will say the time it was last updated. I have often looked at it and seen a time then gone to the attraction only to realize it had not been updated in several hours. It's only as good as the people who enter the times so just be aware of that. If it has a time and last update at 2:00 but your there at 4:00 it's not really going to help you much. Hope that made sense.

Just know that it's user updated. Like the PP said, look at the time it was last updated so you aren't disappointed.

Just a warning. I have used mousewait in the past and found it very accurate. I had planned to use it this trip and was checking it before we went and it was working fine. We were in the parks from June 4- June 8 and Mousewait did not work in the parks at all. It would open, but then every time I clicked on one of the parks to check the wait time, the app would just close itself out. I don't know if they were just having technical problems those days or what.

Luckily I had the free wait times app on my phone also. We used that one, and although we did not find it that accurate on our 2010 trip, this trip it was exactly right every time!!! I can't remember one time we got to a line and it was not exactly the length wait times said. It worked great!

FYI- Just checked my mousewait and now that I am home and don't need it, it is working fine again. I don't know what the problem was in the parks.

MouseWait is a LOT of fun! They do special meet-ups (yesterday was a Single Rider meet with over 18 participants) and RAK's (Random Acts of Kindness) hidden in the parks. It makes the time in the resort that much more special! :wizard:

Like the PP's have said, check the last time the wait times were updated. Otherwise, I find them to be very accurate.

I downloaded Startourslive.com and it won't update. It still has 6/4/11. I can't figure out how to refresh it.

I have "Walkee" wait times. So "Mousewait" is the one to download?

Thank you all so much!! No I didn't even realize the whole time thing at first but now that makes perfect sense!! I have had fun just watching it the past few days!! Seems like it is more crowded today than it was this weekend!! Makes me a little nervous about our trip in a couple of weeks!! But so glad I know how this works now and I hope it works for me when we get there!! What are some of the other aps that have been mentioned?? Any others you recommend?? Thanks so much!! You are guys are and I love this board! :goodvibes

On my iPhone right now, I have MouseWait and am becoming quickly addicted. I love their RAKs and live park snapshots. I also have Walkee, InsideOut, Star Tours 2, Free DL Maps, Parktastiq and DL Hours. Disney app overload I know, but I wanted to download as many different apps as possible. I haven't been able to use any of them in the parks yet, but so far, I have enjoyed browsing the apps.

The park is way more crowded than this past weekend. These are the last 2 days that annual south california pass select holders have access to the park until august 22. That might explain the rush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter