How a good deal was your holiday

At present there are 2 adults 1x10 year old 1x5 year old
22aug-5th sept; our first trip as DVc members;7 nights villas at wilderness lodge one bedroom;3 nights orlando international gateway; 5 nights Bay Lake towers one bed lake view.
Flights and the 3 nights off site-£2465
Need sea world tickets x4 approx £300)
1 child Disney pass (£235) as we hv 3 annual passes and a tables in wonderland card.
Parking meet and greet £75
Premier inn(£38)

Food £800
Shopping £1600

I know you are in Glasgow so it makes more sense to fly from there than from EDI but we have always gone from EDI because for some reason the same/similar flights have consistently come up cheaper. I don't know if its taxes perhaps that are higher flying from Glasgow?

We are the same we used EDI last year as the prices for the flight from there was cheaper than that of the GLA one. Same again this year and that was with Aer lingus. I would love to do direct like we did with fly globespan in 2006 but sadly they are not an option though that was to sanford we were £758 for both of us. The prices for VA have always been way out of our budget.

On a side note I have just checked the price we would be if we booked now. We paid like I said in my previous post around £1400 have just looked now and its £2005 :scared1:

I would love to do direct like we did with fly globespan in 2006 but sadly they are not an option though that was to sanford we were £758 for both of us. The prices for VA have always been way out of our budget.

You're going to think I'm a little odd, but if I could always fly indirect, I would. It's all part of the adventure. I was disappointed that the indirect flight prices seemed to stay so high this year, while the bargains did appear on the direct ones. Maybe we need to price hunt for each other, lol!

You're going to think I'm a little odd, but if I could always fly indirect, I would. It's all part of the adventure. I was disappointed that the indirect flight prices seemed to stay so high this year, while the bargains did appear on the direct ones. Maybe we need to price hunt for each other, lol!

Maybe we should :rotfl:

I just want to get there as fast as possible.

All the flights to be honest seemed high this year but we managed luckly to only pay a small ammount more than we did last year and we were not as much to prebook the extra legroom seats as the year before so it balanced out to be slightly less if not the same :confused3

Still it pays to shop around. Even a small saving is better than nothing.

Are you going direct to the airport of stopping over night before? I can't remember how far you are from EDI.

Maybe we should :rotfl:

I just want to get there as fast as possible.

All the flights to be honest seemed high this year but we managed luckly to only pay a small ammount more than we did last year and we were not as much to prebook the extra legroom seats as the year before so it balanced out to be slightly less if not the same :confused3

Still it pays to shop around. Even a small saving is better than nothing.

Are you going direct to the airport of stopping over night before? I can't remember how far you are from EDI.

We're under an hour from Edinburgh and slightly closer to Glasgow so it almost makes no difference at all. I was hoping not to have to put out the cost of an airport hotel this year as this trip was a bit more of a squeeze on the budget, so still in two minds. I am at work until 5.30 the day before we fly and we have to check in at EDI at 5.30 am for our flight to London so it may just be easier to spend the night at the airport after all.

How much was your holiday and what was included be good to see what deals are out there

We are going 30 oct - 13th nov
Port Orleans riverside
Family of 5 kids age 9 7 4
14 day tickets
Quick service dining
Virgin

£4990

omg that seems amazing price , how far before travel did you book it ?? does that include transffers etc or a car? we are a family of 5 and im struggling to find anything below 7,000

We have booked 2 adults & 1 teen (17) for 14 nights from 30th Oct staying at Saratoga Springs inc DDP, 14 day ultimate & 2 park universal tix for £2570 flights with virgin £1400 = total of £3970! Just need to book the car hire

Debs x

Hi,

Gatwick Travelodge £10.00

21 nights @ Monumental I Drive

21 days car hire (Hertz)

Virgin Atlantic flights

Total £1875 for the 2 of us with Expedia inc. cash back and Nectar points

15 June to 6th July

Will get annual passes when we get there as we usually go twice a year.

Mick & Lyn

omg that seems amazing price , how far before travel did you book it ?? does that include transffers etc or a car? we are a family of 5 and im struggling to find anything below 7,000

I booked in jan this year. We got transfers I did it with travel city direct when are you wanting to go?

same deal as last year different hotel
cosmos flying with monarch

14th -23rd june

flight + hotel (comfort inn universal on international drive) + car hire £449 each

full insurance £109

total = £1007 for 2

3 park ticket universal/ioa/wet & wild £105 BOGOF

Not sure whether we got a good deal or not. I think we did because I did do a fair bit of shopping around before we booked.

Me, my girlfriend and my 9 year old daughter are going and staying in a Disney area villa at the end of July/beginning of August.

Thomson flights from Birmingham, 14 nights villa, car hire and insurance = £3742.
14 day Disney World tickets, 14 day Universal/IOA tickets, Discovery Cove with dolphin swim and 14 day Sea World ticket = £1500

Total = £5242.00

I didn't really research the whole Disney dining plan thing so not sure whether we may have been better staying in a Disney resort.

Infact... our is package £1800 for flights, acc and transfers.
Spending is £1500
Park tickets (univer and disn) £600
Hotel the night before £30
Insurance 30

So about £3900 ish? That's two weeks two adults off site

Just got back from a 11 night hol that we booked 3 weeks before we went and also added my sis and dh's brother a week before we left as a surprise (their flights were even cheaper than ours)

4 adults
Thomson flights £1130
Calypso cay 2 bed apartment £190
Mystic dunes 2 bed apartment £205
Suv hire car £210
Hotel at Gatwick 2 rooms £92
Meet and greet parking £46

= £1873 so just under £500pp

no tickets as we have annual passes from Jan.

So all in all a pretty cheap holiday, might even do the same next year (we are planning on a break, but did say that in Jan. lol)
If only our Australian trip at the end of the year was a cheap. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter