How 7 Days with DCL Trumps 5 Trips to WDW~ Fantasy Eastern Caribbean, Oct 4-11

I HATE this new Disboards.... I have no clue how to get those extra photos off of that post. It was confusing posting them in the first place with some of them coming from photobucket and some of them direct downloads from my computer. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Sorry your having a hard time with this crazy Dis!!!

Did you go to the pirate party? How was the boat and rocking? did you feel it at all?

Ohhh I do love the pictures you did post! they are lovely :love: :cloud9: oh how i want to do a cruise now!!!
look at that little turtle!
I am SO EXCITED to see the halloween party!! !

Yay! Connie is sort of back. :rotfl: I do hope you get over your DIS blues because I do really miss you on my TRs. :hug: It took me about a month to really figure out these new boards and I still have to do some maneuvering to make my posts work. I haven't even tried the direct upload, just kept using Photobucket.

I loved all of the recent updates, especially all of the food posts! I'm still thinking about a cruise eventually so I like reading about the different stuff you guys did.

So, yes...I totally forgot to talk about the Pirate party. It was AWESOME!!! They had a great little pirate show with Jack Sparrow, fireworks at sea, then a super fun dance party on deck 11. I did not try to get photos since our little point and shoot camera does terrible at night time. It was truly amazing. Then after the dance party, they had a snack buffet open. Midnight snacks...don't mind if I do!

And back to our regularly scheuled programming... Does anyone want to party again? We will be partying Halloween style this time folks! But first....dinner! We were back to Enchanted Garden for dinner on this night.

Napkin creation for the evening:

The beautiful menu:

Sawek made Gabe a special hat for dinner:

I cannot find a menu or food description anywhere for dinner for this particular night. I have been unable to find one online either....so, I can only guess at what all these photos are, but they are pretty. LOL!

An appetizer:

The following was my salad, and I remember that it was my least favorite of the entire cruise. That cheese was VERY pungent!

Another appetizer:

A couple of soups (great reporting here, huh?) :

My entree is next. I had started having my fill of rich foods by this time, and you will see that in my next few dinner choices. On this night I went with some Turkey and Stuffing:

This was SO TASTY! I remember feeling like it was just what my tummy wanted by then.

This looks like Pork to me... (more fine reporting, right there!) :

I guess I only too photos of mine and Brian's entrees, because now we are on to desserts. Jillian got the sweet temptations, of course:

Then Sawek brought out a special Halloween on the High Seas dessert:

One of the kiddos grabbed a camera and snapped a photo of Wendy and Hook:

I will post photos of our awesome family costumes in the next post.

When we got back to the room, this was waiting on us:

How did Marco know we went on the Sea Turtle snorkel excursion? It's the Disney difference, folks!

Charity and Gabe's stuffies hopped up on our bed while we were out, too.

We were not in the room long, we were off to another party!!!! The Quackattack family truly "represented" in their Halloween costumes:

The Halloween party was in the Atrium...and as you can see it was PACKED!

This was NOT a bad thing...this party was PUMPIN, we LOVED it!!!!! As you will see from this next photo, the characters came out on one deck, and descended the stairs to the party stage....here they come!!!!

They came right down into the middle of the crowds... and we had gotten there early enough to be in the middle of it all!!! EEEK!

They just circulated around and danced with everyone. I left my family and just started moving through the throngs to get close-up shots. It was so fun!

They had the music pumping, crowds dancing...it was pure insanity!

Continued in next post...

These next few shots are my FAVES of the night. Gabe LOVED this party. He let loose of all inhibitions and just danced his little heart out. (and the blue on his face is from face painting in Oceaneers Club)

He was trying to follow the dance moves of the cast members on the stage...

I just could not truly capture the joy of the moment, but it was great...trust me.

More dance party madness:

This night was so wonderful. I cannot recommend a Disney cruise enough. As you can see, you definitely get your share of Disney stuff, but you also get to RELAX!!!

So, yes...I totally forgot to talk about the Pirate party. It was AWESOME!!! They had a great little pirate show with Jack Sparrow, fireworks at sea, then a super fun dance party on deck 11. I did not try to get photos since our little point and shoot camera does terrible at night time. It was truly amazing. Then after the dance party, they had a snack buffet open. Midnight snacks...don't mind if I do!

which all this sounds AMAZING!!!!!! your seriously talking me into this!!!

We were back to Enchanted Garden for dinner on this night.

was it hard to get reservations for certain dinners? do you do it like WDW?

Sawek made Gabe a special hat for dinner:

AWWWWWWWWWW look at him!!! i bet he was in his glory!

A couple of soups (great reporting here, huh?) :

Yes it is cuz you have PICTURES!!!

special Halloween on the High Seas dessert:

This is the coolest spider ever. EVER!

photo of Wendy and Hook

YOU GUYS ARE ADORABLE!!!!!!

this was waiting on us:

OMGoodness you had the BEST mousekeeper (is that what they are called on the boat?)

their Halloween costumes:

WHAT A RIOT!!!! how are things with the adoption? you've been on my mind a lot lately! but it was fun messaging on facebook yesterday..

and we had gotten there early enough to be in the middle of it all!!! EEEK!

INCREDIBLE!!! WTG!!!

DCL Halloween photo

the best costume award goooooooooooes toooooooooooo
rda221344LARGE.jpg

ALL OF YOU that was perfection!!! you did such a great job!!!!

The Pirate night sounds wonderful and the pictures from the Halloween Party are awesome!

Both your turkey dish and the chocolate cake pictures have me drooling on my keyboard!

Love, love, love your Halloween costumes.

Every time I read one of your updates, I want to run right out and book a cruise for Jim and I. Maybe 2017 as I'm pretty sure we are going to do a quick Star Wars weekend next year.

What a fun party!!!!!!! Gabe looks like he is having a blast. It's so much fun seeing your loved ones let loose and dance their hearts out!

Mo, you do not have to make dining reservations for the cruises. They have rotational dining. There are three "table service" restaurants that you rotate through each night. Lots of folks request specific rotations, but we did not. We let DCL decide our rotation, and as it turns out...ours was the one so many folks try to request. Three restaurants are:

Animator's Palette
Enchanted Garden
Royal Court

So, when you get your KTTW card it will have your rotation printed on it by first letter, such as:

AERAERA---see, seven night cruise, seven restaurants listed. First night-Animators, second night-Enchanted, third night- Royal...and so on.

Did I explain it well???

We called Marco our Mousekeeper, but on the ships they are called Room Stewards...whatever, he was a fantastic MOUSEKEEPER!

Thanks for the award!!!! I actually took a large white photo mat on the cruise, and dropped it off at Guest Relations with a pack of sharpies as soon as we boarded. They had all the characters on the ship sign the photo mat. That Halloween photo of our family now hangs in our living room with the autographed photo mat around it. VERY COOL!!!

Ariana, you get to go to a Star Wars Weekend???? That is still on our bucket list. We had given Jillian a choice of a cruise or a weeklong WDW trip during SWW for her senior year. She was pretty much decided on the SWW....until we cruised. Now she has chosen another cruise for her senior year. We WILL do it some day, we WILL!

Ariana, you get to go to a Star Wars Weekend???? That is still on our bucket list. We had given Jillian a choice of a cruise or a weeklong WDW trip during SWW for her senior year. She was pretty much decided on the SWW....until we cruised. Now she has chosen another cruise for her senior year. We WILL do it some day, we WILL!

Jim and I have been talking about it for a while. It's still very tentative because late May is a hard time for both of us at work and June is impossible. The schedule would look like this:

Friday - Fly down early, spend day at Epcot (Jim's favorite)
Saturday - HS all Day
Sunday - HS all Day
Monday - fly home early

Yep, no MK or AK for me. :sad: But that is really the only way we could manage it with our work schedules. When I told Jim he could have breakfast with Darth Vader and Boba Fett, I think that sealed the deal.

Guess what, friends...it's time for a MOVIE NIGHT update!!!! Last month we had a Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Night. Decorations were a challenge, but here is what we came up with:

Small toys, and a homemade "inventor's hat", LOL!

Invitation:

The food was super yummy! Mini drinks:

Eensy Weensy Egg Rolls:

Tiny Tacos:

Micro-Mini Mac and Cheese:

Pocket-Sized Pizza:

Jillian made our "Dainty Desserts". I thought these all looked and tasted worthy of a Disney World Dessert Party!

Key Lime Tartlets:

Mini Stawberry Cupcakes:

Mini Boston Cream Pies:

We did Shrinky Dinks for our activity. We had never done these before, and it was SO COOL! Some of them turned out, some did not. Still fun.

Coloring before baking:

Sweet cuddle buddies on the couch:

More coloring:

Time to pop them in the oven...

And, ta-da!!!

Jillian's finished product:

Then Gabe did a bit of clowning around...

Fun movie night, once again!

Fun fun movie night! I haven't seen HISTK in so long, I need to go back and watch that one again. It was one of my all time favorites growing up. Pizza and Mac and Cheese? Definitely my type of menu. :rotfl:

AERAERA---see, seven night cruise, seven restaurants listed. First night-Animators, second night-Enchanted, third night- Royal...and so on.

I would want the same as you! I just want to go to Animators every night!!!

Did I explain it well???

exceptional! thank you!

whatever, he was a fantastic MOUSEKEEPER!

yep mousekeeper.

They had all the characters on the ship sign the photo mat. That Halloween photo of our family now hangs in our living room with the autographed photo mat around it. VERY COOL!!!

What a fantastic idea!!! your so smart!

Love your movie night! you always do such an amazing job. one day i will do one.

Loved the updates!! Thanks for letting me know you posted them, even if I didn't get here in a timely manner. :hug:

The food - as usual - look devine!!!

And the pirate party is cool... This looks like so much fun!!!

Loved all of the costumes...

Even your off the boat excursions look really awesome!

Glad to have you back on the Dis - even if only a little bit. I've missed you!! :lovestruc

D~

Catching up on all your updates. Luvin the plane pictures over the beach and the Halloween party pics. All that food looks yummy. Luvin your movie night as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!