Houston, We Have A Secret: A TX Vacation With A WDW Surprise ...aaand Done! Page 43

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by FreezinRafiki, May 9, 2011.

1. FreezinRafiki

FreezinRafiki Cold enough for ya?

So just as Bambi and I headed to Space Mountain, Madison & Evan went back to Kidani Village with Grandma & Grandpa in their car to hit the pool. We FastPassed our way onto the ride, left the Magic Kingdom on Disney transportation, got to our room and found them....not there yet.

Their trip out to the parking lot, driving over to AKL and parking took longer than our trip to Space and a bus ride. Granted, they parked basically on the complete opposite side of the resort from where our room is and had a 10 minute hike to include. But it just goes to show you - having a car on property does not always mean you can get around faster.

But enough blither blathering - back to the action. While we were getting changed, Madison found another towel animal hiding in the bathroom.

[​IMG]

Then it was on to the pool area.
    [​IMG]

Too bad I forgot my shampoo.
    [​IMG]

Water Fight!
    [​IMG]

After a hot afternoon in the parks, then an exhausting time swimming, what's a girl to do? Relax of course!
    [​IMG]

But man cannot survive on swimming alone. Come to think of it, man can't survive at all on swimming. Swimming takes energy, and energy comes from food. And we needed some food! My biggest complaint about Kidani Village is that it does not have a quick service restaurant. Our options are Mara, over at Jambo House or something off of the resort. (They do have an onsite restaurant, Sanaa, but we weren't about to take take two hungry kids to a nice (read: expensive) sit down restaurant. And since we wanted to do some shopping anyway, off to Downtown Disney we went.

The Lego Store had just reopened with all new Lego displays outside. And this time - they're Disney themed!
    [​IMG]

(If you ask me, Doc's glasses didn't come out quite right. He looks like he should be jamming with ZZ Top!)

[​IMG]

Dean and I continued on to Earl of Sandwich, while the women and kids stopped at Pollo Comparo for some chicken strips.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, Evan ordered a cup of beans for his side. Yes, he ate them all.

After I finished my Hawaiian BBQ sandwich, I turned to see some ominous looking clouds. Oh oh, I though, this is exactly what it looked like when Jafar enslaved the Genie and made him place Agrabah's Palace up on that cliff.
    [​IMG]

Luckily, none of that happened to us. Probably because there are no cliffs near Downtown Disney.

Despite those clouds, the weather was very nice, as you can see here
    [​IMG]

With some food in their bellies, the kids seemed to get a little spring back in their step.
    [​IMG]

Not only that, but Evan got a little shake back in his booty. Video Evidence Here. (With bonus daddy booty shake at the end!)

And what Disney Trip Report would be complete without some Silly Hat Pictures™
    [​IMG]

I waited until twilight to take this picture because I though it gave it would really pop with the lit up Lego sign in the background. And when we passed it the first time I had already stopped to take a few other pictures and we were on our way to Earl of Sandwich and I was hungry. Either way you want to look at it...
    [​IMG]

Evan and I played with some Legos. You can tell its Evan because the bricks spell E-V-A-N.
    [​IMG]

Madison teaching Aurora how to properly curtsies. Looks like the statue is picking up a few pointers.

[​IMG]

Finally, we headed back to Kidini Village, where the lanterns where just calling out for their picture to be taken. I obliged.
    [​IMG]

And so ends Day 1 of our Surprise Disney Trip. Was it awesome? Oh yeah. Was it over? Not yet: there are 3 more days of surprise to go.

Up Next: Some very exciting stuff that I can't think of a good teaser for!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

Loved the update with all the great pictures! AKL looks really nice. I am going to find a way to one day convince my DH to let us stay there. For whatever reason, there's 2 deluxes he has no interest in staying at: AKL & Yacht Club. But, in the end, I will get my way, I always do! :rotfl: Can't wait to hear about more surprises!!!

4. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I like not having to drive. I also like the smell of burnt diesel fuel when we're waiting on our bus to show up.:lmao::rotfl2:

What???:scared1: The Trip Report is over already? You just got to Disney World!

Oh, that's what you meant... sorry. I'm glad you're still writing your TR.

I'm sorry you didn't get to wash your hair, but I'm sure everone in the parks is glad you got your weekly shower in.

I see what you mean about the glasses, but his beard needs to be a couple of feet longer.:thumbsup2

Beans, beans the musical fruit... :rolleyes1

Cool picture! It almost looks like it really was drawn by a Disney animator.

Was it the beans?:confused3

Actually, I can tell it is Evan because it looks like the little boy that is in all the other pictures that you tell us are pictures of Evan. The Legos do add to the picture though! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Barry, you definitely do have a little princess there.princess:

Barry is getting writer's block??? It can't be!

5. kaileighbug

kaileighbug DIS Veteran

Great update. The legos look neat. Thanks for making me want sandwiches now instead of the salad I just had for lunch....:rotfl2:

6. DancinDaisyDuck

DancinDaisyDuck Nothing left for me to do but dance

I love that picture of Madison with Aurora! I definitely think Aurora was getting the lesson for sure!

7. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Aurora is lucky that Madison happened to be in the area to help out with some curtsy pointers.

The seven dwarves possibly weren't the best Lego subjects...Dopey looks a little off too...although if I had been commissioned to create giant Lego structures, probably they would all be cubes. Or towers. So I can't be TOO critical :laughing:.

8. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

I'm so happy to read this. I've had my share of nightmarishly-long trips, but I still hold out hope that Disney transportation can approximate, and sometimes beat, having a car.

Yeah, what's up with that?

Now I'm hearing "Ev'ry girl's crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed ma-an!"

Good move, it'll be so hard to find chicken strips once you get to the parks. :rolleyes:

Is it a coincidence that these sentences are so close together?

9. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin Day 1 so full of Disney goodness! :) Nice booty shaking from Evan and yourself as well :)

10. Bethislucy

Bethislucy DIS Veteran

I didn't know they had pop chips at Disney. :) lol those are some good chips.

Great trip report so far. I was reading in the completed trip reports for christmas reports and read yours and enjoyed it so I followed your link here. It sure looks like you and your family have a wonderful time. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

11. Mrs. Gumdrop

Mrs. Gumdrop DIS Veteran

I have a lot of commenting to catch up on! I just read through your three completed trip reports, and now I am all caught up on this one. Thanks so much for writing so many entertaining Trip Reports. The personality of your kids and the Disney Spirit of your family really shines through.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

12. E3yore

E3yore Mouseketeer

You promise?

13. Jazzabelle508

Jazzabelle508 Live, Laugh, Love and Disney

sounds like you all had tons of fun in dtd!!!!!!!!

14. Rental01

Rental01 DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

We watched it last night on Netflix via watch-it-now. Love that movie!

Mmm.. twinkie wiener sandwich!

Back on task, what lens did you use for the pictures at Downtown Disney? Was that the fast-fifty? I've got a stock 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm macro lens (does pretty well for telephoto as well though macro is really its strong suit). I'm just curious because I don't want to be swapping lenses the whole time.

15. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Now that's very impressive. And no cheerleaders on the bus?

And yet, in certain situations, man can survive BY swimming. :scratchin

Yeah, but then he starts singing She's Got Legs, and Snow White hits him with a sexual harassment suit, and it's all downhill from there. I think it looks like he has 3-D glasses on.

Not only are they a musical fruit, as Andy mentioned, but they're also good for your heart.

Excellent choice. :thumbsup2

That's a cool shot!

Yeah, I like this one too.

But we can't see any evidence that you were there. Or did you mis-spell Barry? :confused3

Very cool. It almost looks like something out of Star Wars.

This would sound better if you got that Movie Trailer Guy to read it.

16. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Nice update, Barry. A great Day 1 of the Surprise Disney Trip (comments in red above).

17. PrincessBetsy

PrincessBetsy "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I'm joining in a little bit late, but better late than never, right? I actually found your other trip report "Everything Old is New Again! A December 2010 Trip Report" and read the entire thing. I loved every minute of it. Then I couldn't help but notice that you mentioned this report, so I hopped on over here and caught up on this one.

Your family is so adorable! I absolutely love puns and you crack me up :laughing: Can't wait for more!

18. dvczerfs

dvczerfs DIS Veteran

grat update and pics barry. i cant wait to check out the new lego area myself.:thumbsup2

19. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

You're married to him. What do you think??? :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

20. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Loved the pictures of DTD! The one with the Genie and clouds is really cool. And your kids are so stinking cute. Wish mine were little again. They grow up just too dang fast.

So what's the next surprise of the suprise WDW trip?

21. FreezinRafiki

FreezinRafiki Cold enough for ya?

I was skeptical as well before our first stay at AKL. But it quickly became on of my favorites! Even if you have a "standard view" (looking away from the Savanna) there are so many places to see the animals. Just book it - tell him you and Reid are going and he's welcome to come along if he wants!

Mmmm... diesel exhaust. Kind of reminds you of home, doesn't it?
    I'm sure you are. Who else would you make fun if I stopped?:rotfl2:
    You shower weekly? Where do you find the time? I can barely keep to my monthly schedule...
    Well, he is a dwarf...

Yeah, that family was starting to get suspicious after I followed them around for 4 days taking pictures...

Thanks!
    :confused3:confused3

You know what I hate? When I go into the break room at work to heat up my lunch and the person that used the microwave before me had something that smells 100 times better than what I'm about to eat. :(