Housekeeping???

DisneyHolidayFan

DIS Veteran
Do any of you pay for daily housekeeping? I think it is $25.00/day. If not, do they supply you with enough towels to have clean ones every day?? I don't probably need the housekeeping (although I would prefer it) but clean towels every day is mandatory.

Do any of you pay for daily housekeeping?

virtually no one that i know of...

I think it is $25.00/day.

it's a little more than that - see below.

If not, do they supply you with enough towels to have clean ones every day??

no. DVC is a "home away from home" concept and most people don't use their towels once and launder them at home.

you can purchase them, though.

I don't probably need the housekeeping (although I would prefer it) but clean towels every day is mandatory.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Note: Rates are subject to change.

You can always opt to pay the $6/day for a new towel package. Although, if you are in a 1BR or larger you will have a washer/dryer and can clean them daily yourself to save that cost.

to further clarify, you will receive at least trash and (new) towel service every 4th day, regardless.

you would not have to pay extra for new towels on the 4th day of your stay (and 8th and 12th days if you stay that long).

I get a kick out of the clean towel thing. If you are coming out of the shower aren't you clean so why a new towel daily. Get a 1 bedroom and do laundry everyday if you really need a clean towel daily or purchase the housekeeping package. I don't see the expense. I'd rather put it towards a better meal or a drink or two. I'm ok with a trash and tidy and new towels on the 4th day.

I get a kick out of the clean towel thing. If you are coming out of the shower aren't you clean so why a new towel daily. Get a 1 bedroom and do laundry everyday if you really need a clean towel daily or purchase the housekeeping package. I don't see the expense. I'd rather put it towards a better meal or a drink or two. I'm ok with a trash and tidy and new towels on the 4th day.

Same hear. Home away from home sums it up perfectly - I don't wash everything and clean the house daily!

One of the things I love about DVC is not having daily housekeeping.
-It's nice to not worry about leaving things out when leaving the room. DS's blankie was accidently picked up by housekeeping years ago and was never found. I don't want to ever go thru something like that again :sad2:
-I don't change my towels out daily at home, so no need to while on vacation. Same with bedding. It's also much more "green" to use towels & sheets for multiple days.
-If the trash gets full before T&T, we take it to the trash room (same at home, don't empty the kitchen trash every day; I wait until it's full and then take it out to the big trash can).

So nope, don't pay for daily housekeeping & don't want it. :goodvibes

I agree, we don't wash our towels everyday after using them or our bedding sheets. I would't pay for the additional service either.:)

One of the things I love about DVC is not having daily housekeeping.
Ditto.

To the OP, as PPs have said, it's available if you want it. I just don't find I need it. Throw my towels in the washer before we leave for a park, throw them in the dryer when we get back. Honestly, it's quick and easy!

OP, you get four bath towels in the studio and one bedroom, eight in the two bedroom and twelve in the GV. Except for BLT and AKV (Non-value rooms) you will get one additional towel for the extra person you are allowed with the sleeper chair in the living room.

So, if you are going by yourself, you can use one clean towel every day because you will at least four bath towels. If you have someone going with you, you are going to have to split up those towels or buy an extra towel pack or pay for extra cleaning if you don't want to do laundry.

May sound like a dumb question but can you just pay for trash and towel service daily?

yes.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Note: Rates are subject to change.

We don't pay for extra housekeeping either. 99% of the time we are in a 1 BDR or 2BDR. I tidy up as I go along also.

If you are staying in a studio and want to take the time to wash your towels (and anything else), you can still do laundry (n/c - washer and dryers usually by the pool depending on which resort you are staying at).

Generally we go to the pool daily in the afternoon so we bring back towels
to the room on occations where we need new ones before the 4th day.
They are free at the pools (generally the main pool):thumbsup2

Generally we go to the pool daily in the afternoon so we bring back towels
to the room on occations where we need new ones before the 4th day.
They are free at the pools (generally the main pool):thumbsup2

That is an excellent idea! :cool1: We don't wash every day at home either, so going 4 days with the same towels or bedding doesn't bother me. I wouldn't pay for replacements every day. I think we can use the pool towel idea if ever needed. Thanks! :dance3:

Thanks for all the info! We will be staying in a Studio this year and will probably pay for, at least, the towel service (maybe trash & towel). Maybe we are in the minority but we do use a clean towel and wash cloth every day at home. It is all in what you get used to. :wave2:

That is an excellent idea! I think we can use the pool towel idea if ever needed.

just be aware that it is technically against the rules...

pool towels are for pool use and should be returned in the pool return area.

I don't think bringing back a towel or two from the pool would be a problem but I wouldn't rely on that in place of washing/paying for a towel package each day. As previously mentioned it is against the rules so we as owners don't want a lot of abuse of "towel swapping" to cause future problems for everyone.

Aren't the pool towels a different style/size than the room towels? I know at least at HHI the pool towels have colored stripes while the in-room towels are the standard solid white. I don't remember the other resorts we've stayed at having colored pool towels but I vaguely remember them being a different style/size. Not that it affects their use or anything but a difference might indicate to housekeeping that people were abusing the pool towel thing.

The pool towels are not as nice IMHO. They are rougher then the bath towels... I don't want to use them for the bath LOL! (maybe I am just spoiled!)

Thanks for all the info! We will be staying in a Studio this year and will probably pay for, at least, the towel service (maybe trash & towel). Maybe we are in the minority but we do use a clean towel and wash cloth every day at home. It is all in what you get used to. :wave2:
And there is the reason Disney does indeed offer the "pay for extra" options. Everyone has different needs.
popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter