Hotwire.. What Car rental company??

bridgettesmom

<font color=green>Got a tag because she eats all h
Seriously considering going thru Hotwire for our upcoming trips. Do you know what car rental companies they use?? Do they ask to see proof of insurance ??

Hotwire uses Avis, Budget and Hertz. Booking through Hotwire or direct will make no difference on insurance.

Only place I have ever had me ask and sign a seperate insurance waiver was Dollar and it was in Orlando.

Great!! An intermediate car is only $18.98 per day.

I am really tempted!!!

Great!! An intermediate car is only $18.98 per day.

I am really tempted!!!

You might even want to see if you can beat that through Priceline. I have used Hotwire for hotel rooms, but never for a rental car. I've used Priceline for both, and they deal with the same agencies (the on-sites plus Hertz). We're gotten some really good deals. I've checked out Hotwire but have always been able to beat them on Priceline.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I second that opinion...Hotwire is a good guide for what is likely available via Priceline...if Hotwire is offering $19/day before taxes and fees I would make a Priceline offer of$16/day and see if they accept it....if your bids aren't accepted up to $18/day then go with Hotwire, but you could probably save $30+ on a weekly rental via Priceline...and they use the same companies Hotwire does.

Hi!
I'm thinking of trying Priceline for a mini-van in June, I have a reservation with National for June 26-Jul 8 for $585. We're driving from Chicago to WDW.
With Priceline, is it unlimited mileage or does it depend on the rental company?

I know that with National it's unlimited miles, but it's tempting to try for something a lot less than the $774 total (without priceless vacations and $20 entertainment coupon) that we have now.

Has anyone ever rented a minivan through Priceline?
Thanks!!

We've always gotten unlimited mileage with Priceline. Haven't rented a minivan, tho', just economies and compacts.
They have been on a real Hertz streak lately. We got 'em for our next two trips.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

All Priceline rentals have unlimited mileage. I guess the agency you get depends on the city you are renting from...got National last fall at MCO, have gotten Avis once and Alamo twice out of Louisville and Alamo and Hertz in Chicago....

I bid $16/day for a trip this summer on Priceline for a compact car and when the bid was accepted at that price it was for a mid-size car through Alamo...not sure what happened there, but I won't complain.

I do know sometimes people have a hard time gettimg minivans via Priceline at MCO...seems to be better luck with SUV's... but the rate you have seems really high, so you could probably do better through Priceline.
Never hurts to bid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter