Hotels to stay at in SC or GA off of I-95?

A&J's mom

Earning My Ears
We are leaving Friday to start our long trek to Disney and I was wondering if there were any good hotels to stay at in SC or GA. We had planned on driving all the way down on Saturday, but I think I convinced everyone that 10 hours at least in the car w/ my two kids would be horrible! Any advice on where to stay?

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn at in Savannah right off of I-95. There are 3 or 4 hotels all next to each other. There are also a few restaurants. I think one of them is a Shoney's and ther is also a Howard Johnson's. You can see the hotels from the highway. The rooms were a decent size and there was a very nice outdoor pool.

Hope that helps!:thumbsup2

If you can make it to Jacksonville there is a Jameson Inn and Wingate Inn side by side with an Applebees directly in front of them. I forgot the exit number, but it is just before you get into the city on I95. You can pull up there web site. The Jameson was really clean, nice pool area and complimentary buffet breakfast (waffles, cereal, donuts, etc.).

We are in SC and normally drive all the way in (9 hours). We stayed at the Jameson coming home this year to visit with family. My crowd gets so excited they don't want to stop and spend the night anywhere (especially DH). :yay:

I'm from SC and we usually drive allll the way down (8-9 hours), but if you want to stop, Savannah is a great place. It's about halfway for us and it's got a lot of choice, hotel- and restaurant-wise. Good luck!

If you can make it to southern Georgia, there are a bunch of hotels around Brunswick, off I-95. That gives you a relatively short drive the next morning and you can arrive at WDW reasonably refreshed!

If you can make it to southern Georgia, there are a bunch of hotels around Brunswick, off I-95. That gives you a relatively short drive the next morning and you can arrive at WDW reasonably refreshed!

This is the exit we did. Can't remember what hotel, for some reason I want to go with Comfort Inn. I tried to drive as much as possible the first day, we went for ~12 hours then the next day the drive was much shorter.

Here's a link http://www.georgiahotels.com/cities/Brunswick/

We lived on Hilton Head Island when I was younger and we take I-95 down now that we live in Maryland. We always stay in Brunswick,GA. If you choose Savannah, the hotels are more expensive b/c Savannah is a tourist area, not to mention that it is not "directly" off the interstate. Also, Savannah will have way more riffraff to deal with, especially if you get a cheap hotel.....The hotels in Brunswick are literally right off the highway and away from the city, not to mention they are cheaper. I can't remember the names but we have stayed in ones right around a Cracker Barrel off one of the exits....

We usually stay in Walterboro(exit 53, I believe). Last time we stayed at a Microtel (nice and new). It's behind the Cracker Barrel. We've also stayed at the Holiday Inn express which was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter