Hotels near Universal

Seeker615

Harry Potter Fanatic!
My daughter and I are doing the Harry Potter Package in the fall and we are deciding on which hotel to stay at. We don't care about anything fancy as we will be in the parks or doing City Walk so all we want is something clean and safe and a pool.

Two of the hotels that were budget friendly were the Econo-Lodge on I-Drive and the Holiday Inn on universal blvd. Has anyone been to either and if so are they in a safe area? Being two women we don't want to be nervous coming in late at night. Also - how is the shuttle service?

Any input would be appreciated!

We stayed at Hyatt Universal and it was very nice and clean back in 2008. We went on hotwire.com and got it at an extremely reasonable price

They give you a schedule of the shuttles, they were pretty good

The big plus is they have a complimentary breakfast, bagels, toast, jelly, peanut butter, juice, coffee, milk, cereal and danishes, yogurt which was good for us..

I have stayed at the Doubletree, the rooms are nice and they have a shuttle. The Hyatt Place next door is very nice and you get a free breakfast. I have been able to find rates under $100 at both hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter