Hotel with Free Shuttle to Disney

ehoops120912

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!
I am starting to plan my Honeymoon for Jan 2016. We just plan to go to Disney World, but we dont want to stay on property if we can help it (it will save us some money not to). Does anyone have any recommendations of a Hotel in that area that has a free shuttle to the Disney Parks or The Transportation Center? All suggestions are appreciated!
TIA!!!

you may THINK its gonna save you money but in the end it may not.

hotels with free shuttles are very unreliable and have very limited drop off and pick up times and locations.

so you'd probably be better off staying somewhere that you have to pay for shuttle service or pay for a cab or rent a car.

so to me that would mean that you'd just be better off paying a little more for a disney resort and just use disney's reliable transportation at no extra cost.

and many times there are room rate discounts or other package discounts for january so it may actually cost you less to stay in a disney resort rather than offsite.

Hello Everyone!
I am starting to plan my Honeymoon for Jan 2016. We just plan to go to Disney World, but we dont want to stay on property if we can help it (it will save us some money not to). Does anyone have any recommendations of a Hotel in that area that has a free shuttle to the Disney Parks or The Transportation Center? All suggestions are appreciated!
TIA!!!

Most of the Downtown Disney hotels provide shuttles. We stayed at Wyndham lake Buena Vista and their shuttles ran every 20 minutes. We had no issues and enjoyed our stay.

Downtown Disney hotels really are the only ones with reliable transportation. Other hotels usually only have morning and evening runs and often have a fee that needs to be paid. And you can also walk to Downtown Disney via hotel plaza blvd.

Rent a car. Pay the $$ to park and save yourself a lot of headaches. Or stay on site

We always drive and stay off site. I think almost every hotel we've stayed in has had a shuttle. As other posters have said though, they usually only have 2-4 pick up times throughout the day and they might only go to MK and you'd have to get a bus to other parks. I think your best bet would be to call the hotels you're interested in and ask about their Disney shuttle to see what would work best for you.

We just got back from a stay at the B Resort and Spa and would highly recommend it, especially for an adult vacation. It's a DTD hotel so it's on Disney property but not a Disney hotel. You have the benefit of Disney transportation to the parks, which is very reliable, and free, but you don't have the price tag that goes along with Disney hotels. The hotel was very recently renovated and they did a beautiful job. I booked through the Mousesavers deal and got a great rate with resort and parking fees waived. I recommend checking it out!

We just got back from a stay at the B Resort and Spa and would highly recommend it, especially for an adult vacation. It's a DTD hotel so it's on Disney property but not a Disney hotel. You have the benefit of Disney transportation to the parks, which is very reliable, and free, but you don't have the price tag that goes along with Disney hotels. The hotel was very recently renovated and they did a beautiful job. I booked through the Mousesavers deal and got a great rate with resort and parking fees waived. I recommend checking it out!

We're considering the DTD hotels as everything else in Disney is booked or too expensive. The big thing is the transportation. Is the shuttle from the DTD hotels the actual Disney bus? I know the off site hotels offer a shuttle but we never take those as they don't run enough. The DTD hotels told me their shuttle runs every half hour (right now) and that it's the Disney shuttle. I don't recall a stand at the parks for DTD hotels (but it may have been there).

We're considering the DTD hotels as everything else in Disney is booked or too expensive. The big thing is the transportation. Is the shuttle from the DTD hotels the actual Disney bus? I know the off site hotels offer a shuttle but we never take those as they don't run enough. The DTD hotels told me their shuttle runs every half hour (right now) and that it's the Disney shuttle. I don't recall a stand at the parks for DTD hotels (but it may have been there).

No it is not a Disney bus. It is a shuttle system just for the Downtown Disney hotels. I've stayed at several, never used because I can drive (and park free) but I have to say there always seemed to be a steady stream of them going to the hotels.

In addition to Mousesavers you can check here for specials and good information.
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

Since you are not renting a car, how are you getting to and from the airport? Did you factor in that cost when deciding that staying on site (with free airport transportation) was too much?

I think staying on site would be best. In January you can probably snag a deal. Just watch for the promos. Usually, you can get 20% off with a promo for a value resort.

You have two perks staying onsite: early advance reservations for FP+ and extra magic hours.

It's really special to be immersed in the Disney theming including the resort. You will remember your honeymoon at Disney World more being right there.

I would sacrifice now on going out less for meals or what have you and save the difference for an onsite resort.

As previous posters have stated you have to pay for the commute to and from the airport. If you drive to the park yourself there is a parking fee everyday. The shuttles are spotty with their time schedules. The Downtown resorts are better, but it's still not a Disney shuttle.

Last edited:
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

They are on Hotel Plaza Blvd adjacent to Downtown Disney. They are ON Disney property but are not owned by Disney. They have land leases. The Hilton gets Extra Magic Hours but otherwise they do not have Disney perks.
One minor perk they do get is they're all considered onsite when the parks are experiencing phased closures. Not a factor in January, but it can come in handy at certain times of the year.

either a DD hotel or see about renting points from a DVC member or broker.

OKW or AKV would probably be your cheapest opinion.
Now DVC points do not allow cancellations (some do - so talk to who you are renting from)
no housekeeping - you are renting a timeshare for a few days

Caribe Royal offers a shuttle at $4.00 per person per day. They offer about 4 times in the AM to go to the parks and about 5 times to have pickup from park. This will be my first time staying offsite for my Disney time so I'm hoping that it works out well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter