hotel requirement for escape

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Promomx2, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Promomx2

Promomx2 DIS Veteran

I read that there is a 4 day hotel stay requirement for a escape wedding. 1)Does the stay have to be in the bride/groom's name, can it be the bride's parents? 2) Can you use a military discount on the stay? 3)Does the Shades of Green count as a hotel?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lynn5700

Lynn5700 <font color=darkorchid>WOO HOO I will be there<br>

I'm not sure if SOG counts...I think it does have to be in your name..when you book your wedding they ask for your reservation number.

4. bridetobe789

bridetobe789 2009 Disney Bride!!!

Shades of Green doesn't count!! It is on disney property and all but doesn't count!!

5. Nicsnick

Nicsnick Mouseketeer

When I booked my wedding I gave them my future inlaws reservation number. I did not have our room booked yet becasue we where waiting for the 7 month window for DVC.. I did change it but I think it would have been OK if I didnt.

6. MegKate

MegKate 2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do

I agree with the SOG thing. I remember that when I was going to do Escape.

7. Promomx2

Promomx2 DIS Veteran

If they are offering the military discount at our time, can you use this on the hotel ressie? I would love to be able to book GF for me,dh and dd (the bride). Ddf is a marine and I know he would want to stay at SOG. I wonder if he could make the ressie for us so we could use the discount.:surfweb:

8. Wish on a Star

Wish on a Star DIS Veteran

We are booked under my parents name bc we used my family's DVC points, but all they asked for was the confirmation number and there were no problems.