Hotel Recommendations for Kids

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by RuthieT, Mar 28, 2007.

1. RuthieT

RuthieT DIS Veteran

What hotel would you recommend that is close to DL for younger kids. We are planning a trip for early December and our daughter will be close to turning 4 at the time and want something she will enjoy while we were back at the hotel relaxing.

2. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland

3. SamIAm21

SamIAm21 Mickey's #1 Fan

Actually, I was going to suggest the Hyatt Regency Orange County. I have seen pics on line of their kid suites, which look totally awesome. They are not that outrageously priced either. I think if I hit DL again, I will try HROC. Second choice would be the Disneyland Hotel. It truly looks and feels magically Disney.

On a budget? I like HoJo too for its really cute pool area designed with the kiddos in mind!!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. abouley

abouley Mouseketeer

We just got back from staying at HoJo and my 3 year old son loved the pool! They have a great kids pool and a little spray ground. Our room was rather large as well. It's a bit farther of a walk than where we normally stay (Carousel Inn) but I liked it better and since my kids were in the stroller the walk wasn't a big deal.

Alison

6. abby

abby Abby's Mom

We have stayed at HOJO and the disneyland hotel and loved them both for different reasons. My dd loved the pools at both. If I could choose I would stay at the DLH because of the disney magic, but if price is a consideration, stay at HOJO and you will have a great time.

7. homeboycartel

homeboycartel Mouseketeer

For December, I would not recommend the HoJo as the poor child will freeze if she wants to swim.

The Hilton Suites-Anaheim and Embassy Suites include breakfast and both have decent indoor pools and jacuzzis. Both are on the ART system, so transportation is not TOO difficult.

8. SamIAm21

SamIAm21 Mickey's #1 Fan

Good point. December is pretty iffy!

9. ter-moo

ter-moo DIS Veteran

One more suggestion--more for the convenience/indoor pool than for the ambience:

The Desert Inn and Suites is right across the street from the main park entrance, which makes for an easy walk with little ones. You also can get a room with a living room area that's separate from the bedroom, so that you can put kids down for a nap and still relax in the other room without disturbing them.

Last, it's got an indoor pool. Nothing fancy, but at least you can take swimming breaks. Caution: there's a lot of chlorine in it, so I'd suggest goggles for the kids.

The hotel is nothing fancy, but it's clean and has a free continental breakfast, and it's CHEAP! We took our kids when they were that age, and it was a convenient place to stay.

[​IMG]

www.anaheimdesertinn.com

10. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland

My kids swim at the HoJo in December and January. They do keep it heated. And their dad and I thoroughly enjoy the jacuzzi!