Hotel New York restaurants closed

Jonjo

Mouseketeer
DLP Info are reporting that both the Park Side Diner and Manhattan’s restaurants at Hotel New York are closed in August.

Breakfast will be served in the convention center and The Radio City Buffet a all you can eat mediterranean buffet will operate for guests in the convention center.

Out side the Hotel New York the Rockefeller Plaza building has been converted to a counter service restaurant.

Buffet convention-style

Guest staying at Disney’s Hotel New York, the resort’s second most expensive Disney hotel, during this summer season will be surprised to notice that both restaurants of the hotel – the Park Side Diner as well as the Manhattan’s – have been closed for the duration of the busiest months of the year! For the breakfast guests are guided twoard two large rooms of the convention center of the hotel, which is also the location for the “Radio City Buffet” that is offered in the same areas during dinner.

The Radio City Buffet is a mediterranean all you can eat buffet. In the past the convention center was used ocassionally on selected dates, in particular during the busiest days between Christmas and New Year’s to house a buffet, dinner or “dinner and dance” (on Christmas Day and / or new Year’s Eve)(ocassionally even with Disney characters), when the resort expected that the capacity of its restaurants in the hotel would be not sufficient. But during the remainder of the year regularly the convention center was fully booked for conferences and meetings which meant there was no room available for a buffet – which does not seem to be the case this summer…

In related “dining” news the “Rockefeller Plaza” building on the grand plaza between Disney’s Hotel New York and the Lake Disney boulevard (to the right of the ice rink seen from the lake) has undergone a major conversion. Formerly used as an arcade it is now a counter service location offering hot and cold drinks, ice cream and snacks such as salads and hot dogs to grab on the go or to sit down with on one of the tables that are placed on the plaza. The location had been tested with various mobile snack and drink sales points in the past years, from major caterin trucks (as used in the studios) to small push cars, as it is conveniently located to serve guests enjoying the ice rink (in winter) respectively the activity zone (in summer) as well as guests just strolling around Lake Disney

I was considering booking HNY. This scares me a bit. Surely, losing the restaurants of your hotel is a bit of a disappointment.

Has anyone been there while closed to report how the breakfasts are working and if room service is still going?

We ate breakfast once in the convention centre a few years ago. It was just as good as the restaurant, no difference in the food quality, just a much, much larger room.

It might be quite nice to go the the oustide Rockerfeller centre - looks good.

OMG! does anyone know if they'll still serve full english :eek:
Guessing that the bar is still open?

Any ideas why they've shut both at the same time in peak season??? sounds like an odd thing to do to me...

They did the same thing last August. You could still use the restaurants for breakfast, but they were closed in the evening. One of the many reasons why it is unlikely to return to what used to be one of our favorite hotels.

Just to confirm, I called the dining line. The agent told me that both restaurants are indeed closed, but they have this "buffet" as mentioned above at the hotel.

:rolleyes: I managed to persuade Husband that we should go to HNY by telling him how nice the breakfasts were. So I really really hope they are still as good. Dtr is now worried that it will be like a school canteen setting.

:rolleyes: I managed to persuade Husband that we should go to HNY by telling him how nice the breakfasts were. So I really really hope they are still as good. Dtr is now worried that it will be like a school canteen setting.

you'll just have to rebook and prove it's just a one off ;)

At least they've opened a buffet place in place of the two restaurants - temporary or otherwise it's better than nothing :thumbsup2

Im sure the Yacht Club restaurant at NPB was closed as well. It was used for breakfast for Admirals Floor rooms but I never noticed it open in the evenings.

Perhaps they have found people dont eat in the hotels as much in the summer and prefer to stay in the park or village

Does anyone know why both are closed ??? seems like a strange thing to do?
How long are they closed for?

I actually prefered having breakfast in the convention room when we stayed. Its huge like a ballroom & means no queues at all. I think its great that they have branched out & built a counter service style also into the hotel.

They may have closed the restaurants as they maybe undergoing a change to them menu or style wise:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter