Hotel near HOB

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by reddixie, Jul 29, 2005.

1. reddixie

reddixie Mouseketeer

Okay as much as I go to Disney and OLCC I have a question. I am hoping that I get lucky and get tickets to Dolly Parton's Vintage Tour at the HOB Nov. 26. This is the only stop near us btw. Well it is Thanksgiving weekend. I know that I can get a room at OLCC or at Disney but was thinking I might like to be at DTD. So which hotels are within walking distance and do you think that I might be happier with a Disney hotel? I think as much as I love OLCC that I will try walking distance or Disney. I know that parking at DTD is a nightmare on a reg. night. With Dolly and La Nouba I don't want to deal with the headache of parking. :bounce: Any and all advise appreciated. I am bringing my 12 year old. I am so excited. They just announced the tour date. :flower: :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

I am being stupid - what is HOB

If it is located in DD then there is a Hilton and Wynham across the street.

Disney's SSR is right next door to DD.

if this Dolly's dinner - there is a Hilton (HGVC) across the street - well directly across the street from her dinner is Premium Outlet. the HGVC is a little further.

4. JMD

JMD DIS Veteran

I believe HOB means House of Blues. The hotels spiceycat mentioned are your best bet. Or you can look into some to the other hotels on Hotel Plaza BLVD.

5. reddixie

reddixie Mouseketeer

HOB is House of Blues. Thanks. The Dixie Stampede is actually on the other side of the interstate. Dolly is coming to HOB for an actual concert. I am so excited. I will look into both hotels mentioned thanks. Spicey I know that you own at SSR and OLCC can you recommend SSR and do the busses run to DTD. I own through Interval International and may be able to get a room at SSR very long shot I know. Thanks so much. :cool1:

6. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

I own at OKW, BWV and VWL.

but yes I got a studio at SSR exchange (using my Landmark -PCB, FL - timeshare).

so this exchange is very possible.

of course you can also rent points from a DVC member. Now if you are talking Fri or Sat - these points are much more expensive and not worth doing.

but Sun-thurs (leaving on Fri) are a great deal using DVC points rented from a member.

yes there is bus to DD - but hey you can walk it - anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. - depending upon where you are at this resort. there is also a boat to DD.

this is the closest resort to DD. (yes even closer than Hilton or Wynham) it is next door to DD and I really mean that.