Hotel in Vancouver to check in at Midnight?

taniahappy

DIS Veteran
My husband and I will be arriving at midnight and need to be near the Port (obviously) and dont want to spend that much, just need a basic, clean place and, of course, to be able to check in at around that time.

Thanks.

I would book an airport hotel for your arrival night. It will be much more convenient, as well as less expensive than a hotel near the cruise terminal. Just take a taxi to the port the next day.

You would book for that day before then just let them know when you're coming in. Either near the airport or in downtown Vancouver would be the areas to look for. I hope you'll get some time after the cruise to spend in Vancouver. It's really a wonderful place.

As long as you let the hotel know that you won't be coming in until late it won't be an issue. We flew home to Vancouver in October after a late flight from LAX so we I just grabbed a hotel from hotwire near the airport before we left. We didn't land in Vancouver til 11:45pm and we live 45 minutes from the airport so getting a room with 2 small kids was the best option. 5 minutes from the airport, emailed to let them know we would have a late check in (think it was nearly 12:45am when we got to the hotel), no problems. I would just grab a hotel near the airport since you're coming in that late.

We also get in late. I think our flight gets in at 11 PM. While there is a Fairmont at the airport, it's definitely a lot more than the hotel we have booked downtown (Blue Horizon) so we're just going to take a taxi and get there late late late. It's okay, most hotels have their desks staffed 24/7.

This is probably the most financially reasonable hotel we've stayed at in downtown Vancouver: http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/vancouver/yvrdt/hoteldetail

Actually maybe the Century Plaza was, but they were under massive construction at the time.

The hotel in the airport is a Fairmount and isn't going to be cheap. I don't know about other airport area hotels. I personally would rather just cab it into the downtown area and be closer to the port for the morning when I wake up.

My husband and I will be arriving at midnight and need to be near the Port (obviously) and dont want to spend that much, just need a basic, clean place and, of course, to be able to check in at around that time.

Thanks.
Hello,
We will be arriving at midnight also in June and we booked the Hampton Downtown, it looks nice, convenient location and not a bad rate. Can't wait!

Thanks guys! But we wont be flying... we are getting there by train (Amtrak) ! So excited :)

Lol, that makes a big difference in what hotels to recommend. Just go with something in your judges. Amtrak to Canada Place is not that far, downtown Vancouver isn't that big.

We're looking to take Amtrak from SF, too - vacillating between the train one way and flying the other, or just flying both ways. The train is definitely an experience I'd love to have, but maybe not at twice the price of flying.

We just stayed at the Hampton this weekend! (We're about 30 minutes from Vancouver but we like to spend the weekend in the city every now and then.) If you're arriving at the Amtrak station then the Hampton is one of the closer places. We were really happy with it and thought it was great value. It also has a free hot breakfast, which isn't very common in Vancouver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter