Hotel Impossible ANICE INN AND SUITES ORLANDO

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
I don't know if anyone watches Hotel Impossible and saw the episode last night that featured Anice Inn and Suites Orlando. It was disgusting! He actually walked away from the hotel in the end as the owner would front $250,000 needed immediately for repairs. There were bed bugs in 30% of 100 rooms tested (this is a 300 plus room hotel), there was black mold and other types of mold in the halls (found by mold sniffing dogs), one building had feral cats spraying in the hall, they assigned guests rooms that were out of service and there was a hive of at lead 20 to 50k killer bees. I know this is a 'staged' show but it was so gross. He had a new sign and name (he asked people what the name was in the start and someone said anus which had happened before) which he took down. Hotel was cheap but it was scary seeing. I guess Hotel Impossible filed complaints which state of Florida and the owner was cited for several (I believe over 30 things).

Just an avoid this place.

I always watch Hotel Impossible and since I've stayed in probably 70% of the hotels near International Drive through the years I paid extra attention to see if I ever stayed there.I looked up the location and I did realize that I did stay in that hotel way back around 2000-2001,I remember seeing a disappointing bowl game there so I know the year.I know it had a branded name back then,I can't recall,maybe Howard Johnson??I'm pretty sure it wasn't a big deal hotel back then but it definitely wasn't in the disgusting state the show showed.I've been coming to Orlando regularly for probably the last 20+ years,like maybe 12-15 visits a year and as the years have passed and the hotels have aged you have to be more selective of where you stay.I will not stay in a non branded hotel but even then I've stayed in a few that would not surprise me if they end up having their brand removed due to the condition,lack of maintenance or service of the hotel.

I just saw the re-air. That was one of the most surreal reality TV episodes I've ever seen. I know that "reality TV" is often stage managed to a degree, but I think what happened really played out as presented. Wow. The host has threatened to leave before, but they manage to throw in a dramatic change of heart or wills for effect... But not this time.

There is a lot of hotels in Orlando like this.They usually get by with the weekly rate as families and
people with no where to go use them no matter how bad in fact they like the worse the better not because
they are thrilled with living in a dump but because the more rundown the cheaper the price .The state has a
Way of the blinking an eye if it gets people up off the streets.Many people come here with the idea they will have a
Better life and end up sleeping on a bench .The state would much rather keep a $20 a night dump hotel open
For them to have a bed to sleep in then pick up people sleeping in the streets .

I usually don’t do this, but I saw a longtime friend who agreed to be filmed on the Hotel Impossible and never told me, that I just talked to literally 10 minutes ago (2020-03-12). They did not leave a review since they thought they would be targeted if they did. Which is why they never told anyone else, unless they were asked about it.

Now, given that the Orlando area/Kissimmee hotels are generally crappy - because they can, this property was still the ****tiest of the ****ty. My friend, whom I just basically interrogated, unequivocally stated that there was no added drama, and that everything on that show was real......and then some.

So that while the hotel ultimately complied with the citations from the State of FL (which are highly lax), if the “investor owners” are that nonplused by the life threatening issues, I can promise you it’s back to nightmarish. I changed from a scary *branded* hotel, to the Radisson (that my company contracts with for specific service and amenities) - very recently, which was barely better than what was the place I considered the quintessential “roach no-tell motel”.

Here’s the tell: Any owner who has the money for regular collagen injections and regular Botox, they don’t give a crap about anyone at their hotel at any time or for any reason. Plus when you see actual friends on a reality show at a super ****ty hotel, who never talked about it to basically lifetime friends, that’s the tell of the century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter