Hotel ideas for port of miami

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by firemantnt52, Dec 5, 2012.

1. firemantnt52

firemantnt52 Earning My Ears

We just booked a b2b in February on the wonder out of Miami. We are trying to find a good hotel. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale. We also would need transportation. Please help!!!!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. moomy-san

moomy-san I'd rather be in O'Gills.

Which cruises are you on? We are on B2B's too :) we are staying at the Hyatt Place by the airport.

4. firemantnt52

firemantnt52 Earning My Ears

February 7th and then the 11th. How about you

5. moomy-san

We are 21st and 25th. Have fun... Enjoy your cruises!!

6. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

When we sailed on RCL out of Miami we stayed at the Intercontinnental. It was a great location. Walking distance to the restaurant row and the outdoor mall that was all together on the harbor. Our room had a view of the port with ALL the ships. I woke up early to watch our ship sail in.

We stopped first at the Holiday Inn to drop off guests and that looked very nice and a good location.

Our first time taking cruise line transport had us waiting for an hour sitting in the coach. Someone couldn't find their tickets. Second time, late comers/fill the coach/people are coming/people were waiting for their party. Third time we taxi over ourselves - best decision ever as we were 20th in line. Way before the time the coach bus was ever going to start boarding at the hotel.

We loved sailing out of Miami. The hotel had that pre cruise buzz in the lobby and bars/restuarant. Walking to the harbor and all the entertainment was so much fun for my teens.

When sailing out, go to the left side. The homes on Star Island are magnificent. South beach was so cool. Great pics.

Have a WONDERful cruise! :thumbsup2

7. familyfundisneyway

familyfundisneyway Earning My Ears

Look on tripadvisor for Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale.We are flying into Maimi for our Jan. cruise.When we get off ship we will be flying home out of Ft. Lauderdale.We are going to have SAS transportation.They seem to have good reviews.Its 15 dollars per person.

8. moomy-san

Hi Darlene!! Haven't seen you around here since our MR meet last January. How are you and your mom doing? And your girls?
    When did you cruise out of Miami? What line were you on? I can't wait to get back on the wonder and see some of my crew/friends!