hotel Elysee - what's it like?

aobh

Mouseketeer
We r staying in the Hotel elysee this week and i've read alot of poor reports recently on holiday review sites. Is it really as bad as its being made out to be? eg strange smell in corridors, no cereal at breakfast, very uncomfortable beds etc?? :confused3

i'm starting to panic now

remember that people are quick to post reviews of bad experiences and rarely bother to post reviews of good experiences. you'll be fine. :)

Istayed there in 2006 and thought it was great - lovely little hotel in a great location. The hotel is quite modern inside so I doubt the rooms are looking tatty.

The hotel is quite small so we loved how quiet it was :cloud9: unlike the DLRP hotels.

Have a fab time and don't let the like of tripadvisor put you off!:)

we re going this wed - fri , i ve only heard good things about it and am looking forward to the quieter breakfast experience

I stayed there last week & would stay again. I didn't notice any smells. The room wasn't fancy, but everything was clean & I found the bed to be very comfortable. The complaint I would have is that the bathroom light is on a timer & I kept having to hang out of the side of the bath to activate the sensor everytime it went out.

I didn't have breakfast included in my stay, but had breakfast there on the last morning at a cost of 18 euro for 1 adult & 1 child. We had it in a different room than everyone else, but I'm sure the food was probably the same. We had a choice of 4 cereals (can only remember corn flakes & Choco things), ham, cheese, french stick, croissants, choc-o-pain, toast, butter, jams, nutella, honey etc, boiled eggs (you had to lift one out of the boiling water or you could boil your own), yougurts, fruit.

I would recommend staying there. The bus service is great & there are plenty of bus times. I posted the timetable until the end of August on another post a few days ago. There are a few restaurants close by & the shopping centre is just across the road. Enjoy your stay.

thanks so much for the positive comments. I know its just last minute nerves. I should be worrying about more important things like where we're going to eat :lmao: i bought half board plus vouchers and have booked nowhere :rolleyes1

Did you all book this hotel with Disney? If you book though a non disney site such as expedia can you still get extra magic hours at this hotel does anyone know

Yes, you will still get EMH, I can remember someone posting about this. You will show your hotel ID to get into EMH.

Did you all book this hotel with Disney? If you book though a non disney site such as expedia can you still get extra magic hours at this hotel does anyone know

I booked through Expedia & got the EMH. Just had to show my card that the room keys came in.

We stayed there in Sept and found the staff to very friendly and it is steps away from the large shopping mall. The rooms were quite large and we had not complaints as we spent 2 nights there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter