• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Choice Dilemma - Need Help Deciding Please

glewis1123

<font color=blue>The Tag Fairy says hi to Glenda a
We were considering the HRH for our trip Apr 30 -May 2 then onto WDW from May 2 - May 9.

It seems there are a lot of complaints about the hotels at US/IOA being in major disrepair. This is a major pet peeve of mine - can't stand paying good money for hotels that are worn.

So these are my options:

Grin & Bear It and stay onsite at Universal - or

Add a couple days onto my current reservation at WDW and commute to Universal and pay the extra for the Express Pass.

We are DVC members so staying a couple more nights is no cash out of our pocket because we have the points to do so.

I really need your advice on what to do.

This is our first time going to Universal.

Thanks!!!!!

if you can stay on the club level, then do that. we did this last year and the rooms were great and i havent heard any bad reviews about club level.

I have been reading about the disrepair at the HRH, but I have not read that about RPR, and PBH. I have stayed at both and love them both. I am about to try the HRH and will post a review upon my return, but I think you will be happy at these resorts and my DW is very picky. She loved it.

Many more people have had GOOD experiences at Universal hotels than bad ones. It's just that people tend to be more vocal about complaints. We've never had a problem at the HRH. Stay on site for not only the express access, but the convenience of being able to walk back and forth to the parks.

Tell the front desk you want to inspect the room before you agree to take it. That way if the room is unsatisfactory you can simple ask for another one.

However, that being said, I have never had a bad room at the royal pacific.

I would say that there was a not a problem at RPR the room was great as was the service and we where there for 14 days:jester:

Keep in mind that you hear the same complaints about Disney hotels. I've been really researching a lot for a long time and I've really noticed no more complaints about the Loews hotels than the Disney hotels.

I like the idea of inspecting the room first if you're concerned.

The dis repeair at the HRH really isn't that bad.
I walked on the ground floor and the carpet was about the same as the others. Yes, you can see the path where people walk, it's about the same as any path that is traveled a lot. The walls were fine, I didn't see what someone else said about them being messed up.
I mean, if you look hard enough, you'll find something to complain about. But compared to other hotels, the HRH was a great experience.
Our room was clean and we even had our dog with us.
The advantage of the HRH is walking to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter