Hotel Breakfasts?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by twentysix, Jul 11, 2009.

1. twentysix

twentysix Earning My Ears

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip and he really enjoys a good breakfast. So, I'm looking for a hotel that has a good restaurant that's open for breakfast. I know Boma since I've stayed at AKL before, but are there any others I'm missing? The only other onsite breakfast I've had was Chef Mickeys, but that seemed like it could get old for him very quickly if we did that every morning.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Most everywhere is just your normal breakfast foods. If it's a buffet of not most places sell the same eggs and bacon. We are BIG breakfast people but we LOVE doing buffets for breakfast. As everyone likes something different and a little of this and a little of that. I have hear a LOT on the Dis however about Kona's breakfasts. I have never been but a lot of people can't miss it. Hope this helps. Oh and why do you have to eat at the same one everyday?

4. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Oh and welcome to the Dis!!!

5. LUVDZNY2008

LUVDZNY2008 DIS Veteran

Kona, Cape May Cafe (BC), Grand Floridian Cafe(never been but seems to get good reviews on the boards), Chef Mickey (good for atmosphere too, Whispering Canyon Cafe (at WL). I think the Wave has breakfast too. Happy Eating!!!

6. twentysix

That's what he likes too. I've been to Kona and it was good, but he leans towards buffets for breakfast on vacation. And we don't have to eat at the same one everyday, but it will be good for us to have breakfast at our hotel most days so we won't have to get up as early.

7. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

We've always loved Spoodles. We really loved it back in the days of the now defunct buffet but we still love the plate service breakfasts as well. Very high quality & great service. The coffee is terrific too!

Plus, you can't beat enjoying another coffee out on the Boardwalk while you stroll & digest your meal :)

8. twentysix

Is Spoodles staying open then? I thought I heard it was closing.

9. Debbie-TN

Debbie-TN DIS Veteran

Do you want a character breakfast? We really enjoyed Cape May. It was very nice. Pretty normal food, but good and the atmosphere was so peaceful(lighthouse and seaside theme) and a lot quieter than the other buffets. Whispering Canyon also has a good inexpensive family style skillet breakfast. Check the dining site here for the menu.

10. TinkerbellinLouisian

TinkerbellinLouisian I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

LOVE LOVE LOVE 'Ohana Breakfast! (At the Poly)

It's best with small children...but if you can get in the Disney Spirit...you'll have fun as well...and the food is NOT your 'usual'....but it is good...and there is plenty of it....

They serve the "Family Portions" type meal...but they'll bring you extras if you need them...

Have a magical visit!
    Mary

11. disneygirlinnj

disneygirlinnj DIS Veteran

Grand Floridian Cafe...Kona at the Poly...Wave at the Contemp.... we're eating at all 3 when we go. All have great breakfasts (have yet to try Wave but I hear great things)

12. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Cape May is awesome, so isnt Kona and Chef Mickeys...Boma is our favorite though. Grand Floridian Cafe has a wonderful breakfast too!