hotel at airport or port

apcall

Earning My Ears
We are booked on the 5/6/06 cruise and plan on flying in on 5/5/06. Which would be better; staying at or near the airport (mostly likely the Hyatt) and catching a limo in the morning...or catching a limo and staying at the port (most likely the Radisson) and then take a shuttle/taxi in the morning? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

apcall said:
We are booked on the 5/6/06 cruise and plan on flying in on 5/5/06. Which would be better; staying at or near the airport (mostly likely the Hyatt) and catching a limo in the morning...or catching a limo and staying at the port (most likely the Radisson) and then take a shuttle/taxi in the morning? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have done it both ways, and prefer staying in Cocoa Beach...I love the area, the shops, just everything about it...We usually get a towncar pickup at the airport, and taxi it to the Port (about 5 min)....Most of the hotels do have shuttles, but I like to be early...I don't think either one has an advantage, except for the BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

We have only stayed at a hotel near MCO then took the limo to the port. For us it worked out good....our flight the night before the cruise came into MCO in the late afternoon...(we flew from 5am PST till 5pm EST...so we were tird) Sure it would have been nice to stroll along the beach or play in the sand..but relaxing at the hotel pool and grabing a bite to eat was good enough for us..seeing that we were so tired from the long travel day. Plus we were able to really enjoy the nice long limo ride to the port the next morning after the good nights rest. And all I can say about pulling up to the port in a big stretch limo :teeth: NICE. We also didn't have to worry about grabing any shuttles or taxis the day we were going to the Magic. We did have to catch a free shuttle from MCO to our hotel the night before (Most of the hotels near MCO offer free shuttle service to and from their hotel)

We debated about where to stay also (near PC or MCO)...we weighed both sides and decided we'd benifit from getting lots of rest the night we came into Orlando...and being able to take the limo to the Magic for us was the way to go. But keep in mind we had our two dd's that really made up our minds.....we suprised them with the limo ride...and it was absolutly priceless the moring we were heading to PC...the look on their face when the car pulled up...and the joy and excitment in their eyes the WHOLE ride.

We debated this same question. For both of our other DCL cruises, we were coming from a short vacation at WDW so we took a limo the morning of the cruise. I have to agree that the limo ride in the morning was fun.

For our trip next March, we have decided that since we will be on a late flight Friday night (no WDW stay prior) that we would stay at the airport. It would be too late to enjoy the beach and shops by the time we drove out to the port area. Also, this way we will be refreshed the next morning and able to enjoy the limo ride. I have to agree - there is nothing like pulling up to the port in a stretch limo and going right in.

That said, if we had the WHOLE day prior to our cruise, I would probably stay in the port area so that the kids could enjoy the beach.

Sandy :wave2:

I would stay at the airport Hyatt and take the limo in the morning. Personally I wouldn't want to have to worry about the shuttle and would rather move my luggage once.

Have a great trip!

Erin :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter