hot water at beach club vilas

paulh

<font color=blue>likes to have a beer<br><font col
just returned from the BCV and again have had issues with the hot water, it never seams hot
DW looks forward while on holiday to a powerful shower with hot water
when we have stayed in past and complained they have moved us to a higher floor and the water was hotter(we were staying on 2nd floor originaly )
Were unable to move this as there were 3 families involved and they were fully booked up
Any one had issues with water temp at beach club and if so was it on the 2nd floor and if not were you on a higher floor
The sink water was hotter but told by maintenance that that runs on a separate system
Every other hotel at Disney we have stayed at we have never had this problem
Paul

I have not had this problem at BCV. We stay there 90% of the time and have not run into a lack of hot water problem. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

We have all of our points at the BCV. We stay 5 times per year and each and every time we are unable to get sufficient hot water. We agree with you 100%

BCV is one of my homes and I have this same issue everytime we stay there. I love a hot shower and the water us alway tepid. We usually stay on the 4th or 5th floor so I do not believe it has anything to do with floor. It must just be too small of water heaters. We were at BLT in May and never had an issue. I have had people come test the temp and theysay there is nothing they can do.

thanks
Judy

I don't know what temp you consider the water hot but most hotels are not going to have it scalding due to liability with children.

We have never had issues with the hot water at any Disney or DVC resort including BCV.

I never noticed an issue in the rooms but we've always been on a high floor. However - at the health club when we went to take showers before our flight the water was FREEZING!!!! We wanted to refresh but not that much! :eek:

not a problem in the early morning 5, 6 a.m. (rope drop days)

but there's a drop in the temp if you showered later on.

our room was on the 3rd floor BCV. ;)

We were on 5th floor last week at BLT. We reported cold showers in studio of our two bedroom and DSIL said it was better rest of week. In early morning, we had to run shower in master bath for like 10 minutes before it got hot.

We were in in a 2BR (rooms 320 & 322) this past June....no problems for us.

Next time let the maintenance know they might develop a Legionellae problem if the tempature does not get to 130 degrees or above. Lower hot water temps can cause Legionellae to develop and grow. Look it up.

And do check the hot water from sink or shower before you you let little ones use it as 130 degrees can burn them.

Next time let the maintenance know they might develop a Legionellae problem if the tempature does not get to 130 degrees or above. Lower hot water temps can cause Legionellae to develop and grow. Look it up.

And do check the hot water from sink or shower before you you let little ones use it as 130 degrees can burn them.

Like Sammie said, depending on what you're used to at home, this may be part of the perceived problem. Disney probably keeps their hot water temperature lower than this because of the large number of little children. When we go to my parents house, on the other hand, I'm always shocked at how hot their water temperature is. They don't have any young children so they keep their hot water around 145 degrees (or hotter, I think).

Wow! Five visits a year, hcortesis. I'm envious!

Early to bed early to rise. No problem at that time of day! For most of our stays, we stayed on the fifth floor but in the last few years we like staying on the first floor over looking the woods.

Wow, just wondering what time everyone showers...I tend to do so before going out for dinner, feel too yucky from the heat, humidity and parks. Never had an issue with water at BWV,OKW or BLT,

We all showered at night and did not have a problem with hot water at either BWV or BLT--well except for one of the teens in my group who did not know how to work the shower! Poor thing--took a cold shower, came out and told me (I was next). I went in and realized she didn't turn it all the way--she was basing it on the wrong part of the handle.

We stay at BCV 99% of the time and almost always stay on the first floor. Never had an issue with the water not being hot enough. I do believe when we were there in June though that we turned the shower handle almost to the "hot" limit. Will be at BCV in November. I'll try to make note of it.

I completely agree with the OP. I like hot showers and can't seem to get one at BCV!! That said, some members of my family prefer more moderate shower temps and have never noticed any problems.

Each time we do a split stay with other DVC locations or value resorts/Vero on the front or end of our stay, I consistently notice the water temp is lower at BCV than the other WDW resorts. This past June we had a split stay with BCV/AKV/SSR and my only lukewarm shower was at BCV.

I have no idea why BCV is different but wish they would turn up the heat! It is not a deal breaker for us, but I'm aware when I book BCV that the situation exists.

Still, we love BCV for all the other ammenities and are happy we own there:).

have been told that the boilers to BCV are smaller or that they serve more rooms than elsewhere that's were the problems arise from,
For Legionnaires they have to achieve a certain temp think its 140 degrees Fahrenheit to stop it thriving, also they have to change the heads every 6 months.
It`s one of the reasons we look for hot water in the hotel not just the DW wanting a nice hot shower.Me can shower in ice cold water
Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!