Hot Tubs at Port Orleans

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Candleshoe, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Candleshoe

Candleshoe Trying to build a better mousetrip.

I'm trying to find out information on hot-tubs (whirlpools / spas / not sure what else they're called!) at the Port Orleans resorts.

We have res. at Pop, and I'm thinking about splitting my stay. By the 3rd of 4th day I really want to soak my old bones in hot bubbly water!

So what's the scoop on these resorts and their hot-tubs?

THANKS!

:sunny:

Sherry

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Goofyish

Goofyish DIS Veteran

There is a hot tub at POR, next to the main pool on Ol' Man Island :)

4. MiJo

MiJo DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #33

one of our favorite features of this resort, because it is fairly well secluded from the actual pool area. It's perfect after a long day in the parks. I have a photo of it but I'm not sure how to put it on here.

5. drgnfly30

drgnfly30 <font color=deeppink>Take my advice, never pay ful

I found the "spa" at POR to be quite crowded - it is right next to the main pool & we would have kids consistently jumping in & out. Didn't make for a very relaxing time! However, that being said - I MUST have a hottub whereever I stay at Disney - there is nothing like soaking my aching bones (& feet) after a long day.

HTH
    Christine

6. MiJo

MiJo DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #33

7. llrain

llrain <font color=green>Has a one-way ticket to the funn

ya the riverside tub was always crowded when we went to give it a whirl...never even got to go in it..

:(

8. Candleshoe

Candleshoe Trying to build a better mousetrip.

Thank you all! I just tried to change over but PoFQ and POR are both full up. CM even tried a few days so I could split the stay. I'm very much looking forward to POP but I know I'm going to want the hot tub. We may be the length of stay pass at the GF spa, but DH reminds me that once I get back to the resort I rarely want to go out.

POP + fridge cost + hot tub fares at another resort will take us to almost the same as a moderate. I guess we could go another moderate too. FQ really looked more our style. DH is a guitarist and I understand there's mustic at FQ. Plus we like biking.

Well! Wish me luck! MiJo thanks for the picture! That does inDEED look wonderful.

Sherry

9. princess pooh

princess pooh <font color=deeppink>I bet there's some jerk livin

I thought I was the only one with bad luck with the POR hot tub. One time it was so packed with kids that it was overflowing - it looked like kid soup! Another time two boys were fighting in there and they kept splashing everyone. A few people complained to the lifegaurd but nothing was done :rolleyes: