Hot Race!

Reep said:
I guess I'm not too concerned about the heat. I'm only racing the half, and fun running the full. How hot can it get between 5:30 and 7:00 in January? I'm guessing it couldn't be worse than an average Disneyland Half temp, right?

For a speedster such as yourself, it probably isn't a huge concern :). But, for people who may be on the course for several hours, it could be an issue. And yes, the humidity bothers me much more than heat!

Just read this on the Farmer's Almanac online:

Annual Weather Summary: November 2012 to October 2013

Winter will be colder and drier than normal, with the best chance for snow in the north in mid-February. The coldest temperatures will occur in mid-December, early and mid-January:banana:, and early February.

When I get a chance, I'll go to BN and read the actual book.

Just read this on the Farmer's Almanac online:

Annual Weather Summary: November 2012 to October 2013

Winter will be colder and drier than normal, with the best chance for snow in the north in mid-February. The coldest temperatures will occur in mid-December, early and mid-January:banana:, and early February.

When I get a chance, I'll go to BN and read the actual book.

Not to slam the Farmer, their on-line version says cold and rainy over the last 4 days in the southeast. Didn't happen. Thinking about the wording.... What period will the coldest temps normally occur?

Personally, I latch onto anything that I can pin hopes of a 35-45F start. Yes, it sux waiting a couple hours for the start but start temps in that range assure a nice run for the entire race.

cewait said:
Not to slam the Farmer, their on-line version says cold and rainy over the last 4 days in the southeast. Didn't happen. Thinking about the wording.... What period will the coldest temps normally occur?

Personally, I latch onto anything that I can pin hopes of a 35-45F start. Yes, it sux waiting a couple hours for the start but start temps in that range assure a nice run for the entire race.

True. I guess it's a very broad perspective.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

As they say, it's not the heat, it's the humidity. SoCal rarely reaches Florida level humidity.

True, but as long as it doesn't get above the mid 60s, I can handle the humidity. I survived living in Dallas for three years waking up to 85 degrees and 90 percent humidity in summer mornings. Yuck.

True, but as long as it doesn't get above the mid 60s, I can handle the humidity. I survived living in Dallas for three years waking up to 85 degrees and 90 percent humidity in summer mornings. Yuck.

It was most definitely above the mid-60s last year. The start was chilly, but once the sun started up the temps rose quickly. As did the humidity.

It was most definitely above the mid-60s last year. The start was chilly, but once the sun started up the temps rose quickly. As did the humidity.

All the more reason to run faster before the sun comes up. :cool1:

Reep said:
All the more reason to run faster before the sun comes up. :cool1:

The sun rises at 7:19 AM on race day. That gives us almost two hours from starting time.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter