Horse drawn trolleys and main street

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mzspaz, Dec 11, 2004.

1. mzspaz

mzspaz Mouseketeer

Do they still have these?

I fondly remember these from my childhood trips. I LOVE horses and when you combine MK and horses, well, for me as a little kid, that was the best thing!

I was thrilled in 2000 to see them again. They even entertained me one afternoon as my DH was in the "firestation" looking at patches, I sat and watched a horse get a bath. We never got to ride in one as the lines were really long and we were never patient enough.

But in 2002 for our trip, they were missing. I was very disappointed as I had been hoping and planning on riding in one down main street. It was not just for one day, it was everyday that we were in MK, which was 3 out of 4.

Are they still there? Does anyone know what happened to them

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Yes they do. They aren't out during the busy times of the year. They also have some antique cars to take you up and down Main St.

4. DVC-Don

DVC-Don DIS Veteran

I think when the street gets real crowded, they pull them off the street. We saw/rode this past August.

5. DaveH

DaveH DIS Veteran

I just got back and yes the horse drawn trollies are still running. They do not run all day. I usually see them in the mornings around 10AM. You can always ask guest services in Town Hall when they are suppose to run. They should be able to find out for you. They were using a horse drawn trolley for a show up and down Mainstreet. Have a great and magical trip.

6. mzspaz

mzspaz Mouseketeer

:cool1: Whoopee!!!!! :Pinkbounc :jumping4: :cheer2:

7. HollyJoy

HollyJoy DIS Veteran

Yep! Took a ride on it yesterday! :)

8. diswedwish

diswedwish DIS Veteran

You can also visit the horses at FW. Take the boat from MK to Fort Wilderness and follow the signs - the stables are right behind the petting zoo. About 1/3 is open to the public to walk around, you're not supposed to touch them though. DH got such a kick out of this! HTH:)