Hopper or No Hopper

We have Park Hoppers for our first ever family trip in May.
Dh only went to Disney for day trips as a kid and hated having to stay in one park. I have only been to Disney once as a teenager and had a blast Park Hopping with my brother.

Now, Dh and I are going back in September---just the two of us, so we are getting Hoppers so we can go and do whatever we want whenever we want.

Correct me if i'm wrong...but can't you upgrade a normal ticket to a hopper at any time?

If so, it would make sense to only add it if you need to spend the money.

Yes you can up grade to hopper for $48,,but everyone slow, down,,bring your tips you have learned on this web site. Look at the shutters at liberty square, and stop and try to listen to chip and dale in the bird houses at splash mountain. Pick up the phone and listen!!(up stairs tennants!) ,If you stop and slow down,,you shouldnt have time to park hop! Plus you can save close to $200 for family of 4 !My 2 cents,,,not that it matters:goodvibes :dance3:

We love park hoppers and would never go without them! They just work better for our family. The first time we went my kiddos were 2, 2 & 6 and we used them a lot. :) At least you have them if you decide to head to another park!:thumbsup2

I think paying the extra $$$$ for park hopping is a waste of money (IMO). At least it is for my family.

I looked at the pictures from our last few trips, ans sure enough, with the two kids, we never used them!! We will add them later if we need them, but I got a really good deal on a 5 day base ticket and we will add the 6th day and hopper option on site, only if we decide we need it. It saved us $200 to do this, and that'll pay for our breakfast at CM's!

Karen

I say save the money for other things! We went in Oct last year, kids were 4, 2 and 12 months at time of trip, we didn't park hop, but we did leave the park each day to get a nap in back at the room, and then went back to the same park that evening. We did one character ts a day (usually lunch or breakfast) and used our cs at night for dinner in the park. We would be up first thing in the morning for rope drop, and were back to the room with kids asleep before 9:00. Worked great for us, and we're doing the same thing again this year. When they're older and don't need the naps, then we'll think about getting park hoppers. And yes, even though they're a little older this year (Nov, they'll be 5, 3 and 2) they still need the rest each day, and sleeping in the stroller really isn't an option (not a really good sleep for the kids). Have a great trip!

I think it is better with little ones to no get the hopper pass, it does make you go back to the resort and rest- just make sure you stay enough days to do all the parks....They will enjoy coming back to the hotel and getting a nap- and pool time...plus it will make them less cranky at night at the park!! My 15 month is getting ready fr hsi third trip to disney. We stopped the hopper when we started taking him with us. It works out great- we sleep in- and he naps- we go to a late lunch in the park (on the day of EMH) and then we have all night- and he is usually in a much better MOOD! ha! Good luck! Have fun!:yay:

I have never NOT used the hopper passes. We love them. We go with my brother and family. They have 2 small children. We go to one park in the morning and about 1-3pm we leave to go back to the resort so the girls can nap. That is when I take a walk around the resort, check out the resort store, etc. After the nap usually a swim and then off to another park for dinner and the rest of the evening. It is a great way to break up the day and rejuvinate. We are usually there for a full week so we do get to see all of the parks, more than once!:banana:

I think whatever you are used to is fine. We like to hop. We stay at boardwalk, so we pop into Epcot often to eat.

But if plan to not hop and save money, that would work too.

It's disney, so either way we'll be good!

My vote is for the Hopper. We like to go to EPCOT in the morning because it gets so hot in the afternoon. We often go to EPCOT a couple mornings to see the whole park then jet out of there and go to MK or back to the resort or whatnot

We have always had hoppers... however this trip we are thinking about not getting them. Why? Because this trip is a girl's only trip (my cousin, her DD, adn my 2 DD's) and we really want it to be relaxing.
I was told that if we wanted to add the 45.00 to each ticket to hop, that it could be done anytime after we get there. So, we are in no rush to add it, just yet.
However, I am having a hard time getting our TS reservations on the days that we want that particular park, so we might have to add the hoppers.
My very long point is that you can wait and add them- no hurry to decide until it gets closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter