Hoping to travel to WDW during this year...

DisneyIzz

Stupid camel with the weird lip!!
Hi everyone!

I'm new around here and have come seeking advice from fellow Australians.
My family and I (Mum and sister, 14) have been to Disneyland 3 times in the past 3 years (2007 and twice in 2010) and I'm hoping to convince the family to head over to WDW this year.

We did WDW in 2000, but haven't been since, so I'm in need of some help!

If I do happen to get everyone on board, when is a good time to go?
We usually do Disney during the summer period (June/July) and we did DL this past December, but that was a MAW trip for myself :)

Sorry for rambling on there - basically, I just need some idea of the times I'm looking at going - around June/July (would have to work this out quickly!) or August/September..maybe October.

Also, we usually fly Qantas to the US, but if the airfares are too expensive for us, what other airlines do Aussies recommend?
(Mum's an ex-Qantas hostie too, so we're somewhat biased!! ;))

Thanks guys!!

I havent been yet, (see ticker below) but Qantas is now flying direct to Dallas from Sydney (where are you?), I think this is better for connections to Orlando, some of us just got some great airfares, but you will have to be quick.

June/ July is summer over there and I think it is their peak season. We are going in September to fit in with our school holidays, it is value season so resorts are cheaper, (we got free dining) and parks apparrently less crowded, although there is the risk of hurricane :sad2:

Yeah, we're in Sydney :)

Looks like I'll have to work fast to try and get the family onboard with the idea.
We're used to the summer periods with Disneyland, even though it's always busy, it also means longer hours and such.
I guess I'll check out flights for both times and see what can be done.

Welcome to the boards....
We have been to WDW once in Sep/Oct, once in Aug/Sep and once in Dec. Sep/Oct is probably the better option because the humididty is less than Aug/Sep. June/July is going to be OPPRESSIVE and the crowds are going to be insane. We went early Dec and that was good, but Typhoon Lagoon was closed for the season, and there was plenty of refurbs going on.
Best of luck and good travels!

Welcome to the Boards DisneyIzz,

On your question when to go, I have been June/July, Nov/Dec and just back from Sept/Oct.

I would suggest to avoid June and July like the plaque for 2 reasons. The heat is unbelievable and the crowds are huge.

Nov/Dec is great for the christmas decorations and MVMCP. The crowds are managable and whether is mild. Every Christams they do shut one of the water parks for a major refurb but plenty else to do. You have the Christmas Processional and Osborne Family Lights. Just avoid Thanksgiving week.

Sept/Oct was also great with halloween theme. The crowds are very much like Nov/Dec with the weather a little hotter and humid. We also went to MNSSHP which we loved.

Prices are also cheaper in Sept/Oct and Nov and you are more likely to get free dining offers.

If you are looking at September suggest you look at US school holiday periods and make sure they have gone back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter