Hoping my wait list at VGC comes. What are the chances?

VA_mouseman

"Marching Along, We're Adventurers!"
Good morning, everyone! Question for VGC veterans.

I have a reservation for two nights in a Studio in mid August, right after the D23 Expo. I have a third night on wait list which I hope comes through. If it doesn't, I have an existing reservation nearby that will cover my lodging needs.

Wondering if I should keep my hopes up that this wait list comes through or not. I don't know if my odds increase by any measure the closer we get go August.

Has anyone had experiences with VGC wait list requests working out or not?

Some people cancel right at 31 days to avoid points going into holding. You have some chance until that point, but not much afterward.

It's really impossible to handicap the odds. VGF is such a small resort and there's just no way of knowing if one of the 23 parties holding a Studio reservation will cancel.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. My wait list expires seven days prior to arrival, so it could be that my best chance for it to come through would be others cancelling their ressies 31 days prior.

I'll wait it out and cross my fingers.

I waitlisted a studio for a Friday night for last September in June, so 3 months ahead. We already had Sunday-Thursday, we decided to stay an extra night for the first MNSSHP. We had a cash res for PPH as a backup. It never came through, I used the 7 day too. So we moved over to PPH on Friday morning.

I was able to get a 1 bedroom for Sunday through Wednesday before D23 in August at 7 months. Then we move over to PPH for Thursday to Saturday nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!