Hope to be a new DVC member in 60 days! Card Carrying Member!

Thanks, Missyrose! Just shot an email to Rachel... hopefully I'll hear something from her tomorrow. Cammy at First American said she was going to call Disney & ask them to expedite the transfer, so maybe I'll get a little magic? Or maybe she says that to everyone. I hope not!

Thanks, Missyrose! Just shot an email to Rachel... hopefully I'll hear something from her tomorrow. Cammy at First American said she was going to call Disney & ask them to expedite the transfer, so maybe I'll get a little magic? Or maybe she says that to everyone. I hope not!

Well maybe you will Cammy did not tell me she was going to call Disney to expedite the process.: :cheer2: I would have been crazy if it took 29 days, I was sad that the sellers took a week to get the docs back. She did tell me it takes DVC 3-4 days to get in the system. I am planning on calling Monday morning and everyday thereafter til I can get my reservation for November.

On a side note I asked my husband if he would mind if I bid on a 100 pt BLT contract today (this is after he already agreed to add on direct 50 to 70pts for VGC on our cruise in July). He then told me I need to stay off these boards and stop looking at listings. But I will wear him down eventually with the benefits of owning near MK too.:cool1:

Well maybe you will Cammy did not tell me she was going to call Disney to expedite the process.: :cheer2: I would have been crazy if it took 29 days, I was sad that the sellers took a week to get the docs back. She did tell me it takes DVC 3-4 days to get in the system. I am planning on calling Monday morning and everyday thereafter til I can get my reservation for November.

On a side note I asked my husband if he would mind if I bid on a 100 pt BLT contract today (this is after he already agreed to add on direct 50 to 70pts for VGC on our cruise in July). He then told me I need to stay off these boards and stop looking at listings. But I will wear him down eventually with the benefits of owning near MK too.:cool1:

Cammy told me it takes about 3 days too, but that she'd ask them to expedite so I can get on my reservation. Fingers crossed!

Funny you mention the addition of more pts. I mentioned at dinner the other night that I'd been thinking about more already & I think my dh asked me what I'd been smoking, lol... Our contract hadn't even closed. I'll broach the topic again next Christmas...

My buying moratorium (which started immediately after sending the big check off to closing for my BWV contract), lasted exactly two months. I already bid on another contract. :rolleyes1

We officially closed today!! It took 16 days from Passing ROFR. Now on to the final wait...getting into the DVC database

Congratulations :thumbsup2 we got the news on Tuesday that we closed as well - next contact will be from Disney - it seemed like a long process but everthing went on or ahead of schedule - the sellers were great about getting their paperwork in - as were we - I'm glad it's over! 1st one down - ?? to go!

Congratulations :thumbsup2 we got the news on Tuesday that we closed as well - next contact will be from Disney - it seemed like a long process but everthing went on or ahead of schedule - the sellers were great about getting their paperwork in - as were we - I'm glad it's over! 1st one down - ?? to go!

Congrats! You beat me by two days. Our deed is already showing up on the orange county comptroller's website.

:cheer2::beach:

Thank you all for sharing in my journey to DVC ownership. Here is our final timeline:

3/27 Offer made and counter offer accepted with stipulation the sellers pay closing costs
3/29 Contracts signed by buyer
4/2 Contracts signed by seller
4/3 Sent to ROFR
5/1 Disney waived ROFR
5/8 Got closing docs by email and sent them back with payment by fed ex
5/16 Seller send their closing docs back to First American
5/17 We Closed!!
5/22 Loaded in to DVC system
5/23 Called and got member number and website login complete, points loaded and made first reservation!

We had a fantastic experience working with Sharon at Fidelity and I highly recommend them and First American Title. They were always just a phone call or e-mail away and answered all my questions in a timely manner.

Best of luck to all you who are just beginning the process. It is definitely worth the wait.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Mine went to ROFR on May 15th 200SSR DEC use yr 164 from 10' 200 from 11 and I do not understand what they did 164 from 2012 I am trying to get into AKV in the middle of September 13th to the 18th and burn up the 10' points if anyone can help with checking availability looking for a 1 bedroom on the club level

Thank You

Mine went to ROFR on May 15th 200SSR DEC use yr 164 from 10' 200 from 11 and I do not understand what they did 164 from 2012 I am trying to get into AKV in the middle of September 13th to the 18th and burn up the 10' points if anyone can help with checking availability looking for a 1 bedroom on the club level

Thank You
I checked for you since I am giving the website a test drive.
I know that availablity will most definitely change as you still have at least 6 more weeks til you could book but there is no club level rooms but all the one bedrooms with the different views are available for your dates. Sept is not a busy time due to heat and hurricane season so you might get lucky that it is still available when you close.

Congrats on being sent to ROFR!

Thank You

I am not doing the scolding, just warning, you will get scolded for asking people to check availability for you!

Thank You
Also, AKV club level is difficult to get beyond 11 months out and almost impossible beyond the 7-month mark. Just something to keep in mind going forward.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences of this process with all of us. It truly helps to understand how things work and keeps the anxiety level to a minimum (I'd like to say non-existent but that wouldn't be true:rotfl:). My story is I'm anxiously awaiting (see a pattern:laughing:) ROFR on a BWV contract that was sent in on May 3rd. This is truly a dream of mine for more that 20 years, ouch, sounds so ancient, but I went to Disney for the first time at 21 years old and wanted to go back as often as possible:goodvibes. Fast forward to adulthood and finally in a position to make this a reality:cloud9:. So, thanks again to all of you for sharing this adventure with me:grouphug:. Will you keep you posted on the outcome. Pixie dust to all for all of your wishes and dreams.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences of this process with all of us. It truly helps to understand how things work and keeps the anxiety level to a minimum (I'd like to say non-existent but that wouldn't be true:rotfl:). My story is I'm anxiously awaiting (see a pattern:laughing:) ROFR on a BWV contract that was sent in on May 3rd. This is truly a dream of mine for more that 20 years, ouch, sounds so ancient, but I went to Disney for the first time at 21 years old and wanted to go back as often as possible:goodvibes. Fast forward to adulthood and finally in a position to make this a reality:cloud9:. So, thanks again to all of you for sharing this adventure with me:grouphug:. Will you keep you posted on the outcome. Pixie dust to all for all of your wishes and dreams.

Good luck with the ROFR process - things were getting scary for a while at BWV with ROFR's but it looks like things have settled down. I hope the 30 days pass quickly and your dream comes true!

Congrats on your contract at BWV! There is definitely slim pickings out there right now, but it comes down to location and the boardwalk is beautiful. I feel so relieved the process is over, I was nervous through ROFR because I saw that there were few contracts to choose from if I did not make it through. But the closing docs came quickly and the last half of waiting was not bad at all. I was able to get a reservation at Saratoga springs for a 1 bedroom for the food and wine half marathon, it was all that was left not a studio or two bedroom anywhere. Pixie dust to your wishes and dreams too. I'm only 31 so I'm hoping the rumor about bwv being extended is true because if not I will be 62 when it expires and still plan to go to Disney til i'm 90 even if my grandkids have to push me in a wheelchair. :hippie:

I am not doing the scolding, just warning, you will get scolded for asking people to check availability for you!

sorry did not know my son wants to stay their for his birthday and I wanted to know what I was up against

Congrats on your contract at BWV! There is definitely slim pickings out there right now, but it comes down to location and the boardwalk is beautiful. I feel so relieved the process is over, I was nervous through ROFR because I saw that there were few contracts to choose from if I did not make it through. But the closing docs came quickly and th last half of waiting was not bad at all. I was able to a reservation at Saratoga springs for a 1 bedroom for the food and wine half marathon, it was all that was left not a studio or two bedroom anywhere. Pixie dust to your wishes and dreams too. I'm only 31 so I'm hoping the rumor about bwv being extended is true because if not I will be 62 when it expires and still plan to go to Disney even if my kids have to push me in a wheelchair. :hippie:

Princesscinderella, Thank you for the return of good wishes! Your right BW is slim right now, so I feel great about the deal, seller's were prompt:love:. Congrats on your success too. Would love if BW was extended:cheer2:. Hope to grow old at Disney with my family and all my DIS friends;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter