HOOSIER DisMeet was fabulous (and slightly fattening!)

Which date would work best for you for a Hoosier DisMeet?

• Sunday March 9 2pm show 5pm Dinner

• Sunday March 16 2pm show 5pm Dinner

• Saturday March 22 2pm show 5pm Dinner

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sooze

DIS Veteran
We are trying to plan a DISMeet in Indianapolis!

I am performing in Indianapolis Civic Theatre's "Thoroughly Modern Millie". I'd love to get some DISers together to come see the show then go out to eat afterwards.

Here are the available dates (I chose ones with Matinee times, as I think these would work best)

Sunday, March 9 2pm
Sunday, March 16 2 pm
Saturday, March 22 2 pm

Please vote for the date that works best for you. If any of them work, don't vote, just put that in your response!!

If you don't want to see the show, you can always join us for food. I will make reservations around 5pm.

The show is on the North side of Indianapolis, easily accessible from I-65. As I find out who is interested, we can decide on what kind of meal (fast food, sit-down, etc.).

Here is a link to Indianapolis Civic for ticket info. I will find out if there is a group discount that we can get, but we need to do this quickly, as matinees sell out fast!
http://www.civictheatre.org/millie.html
Anyone interested?!?! Let me know as soon as possible!

are we the only indiana dissers.:confused3

the first two dates would not work for us, we are going to be out of town, and the last one is getting close to DW's due date, so i would hate to commit to something and then her not feel like taking the drive to come down.

sorry.

i am glad to read along with this thread, hope some indianaians come and join the fun.
:yay:

Well, if you guys feel like it, you can drive down for dinner... that's something you can do spur-of-the moment if you wanna!! Of course, a few hours in the car with a very-pregnant belly is NOT fun!! But we'd love to see ya!!

Seriously.. I thought there were more Hoosiers out there.. maybe they are too busy cleaning up after wind, floods, tornados, etc...:confused3

maybe they have just not found your thread.
:surfweb:

we will have to see, you are right a 2 hour drive would not be that fun for her.
:goodvibes

Not sure about the show but would love to meet for a meal...I think we could do the 9th or the 22nd.:thumbsup2 "We" being me, dh, and dd, 10.

I put a post on the budget and dvc boards, hopefully that'll direct some people this way.

I'd love to meet up but my DH works weekends and I can't juggle the 4 kids in public for that long on my own.

Maybe another time! :goodvibes

I haven't hung out on the DIS for a couple of years, just got too busy. But I cruised on today and saw this notice for Indiana folks. I'm in South Bend and I am a pin trader. Anybody down there in the group that trades pins? I get to Indy about every 6 weeks, but I'm not sure right now if I could make it those days. I'll check the calendar.
ellla

Thanks for the responses, guys. Keep letting people know about this thread and we'll see what we can make happen.

For those of you unable, thanks for stopping by anyway.. maybe another time!!

Not sure about the pin traders out there.. I don't trade pins (yet..!).. but maybe someone else does? Dan?

Hi Sooze, southsider here, I also work weekends, but usually done around 4 or so, thus dinner could possibly work out. Been checking out your trip reports, thought our family was big Disney fans until I found your family. One question if I may, your DH is a band director, which school? I have 2 sons, one is a junior at Center Grove and has been in the marching band for 3 years( thus I understand your comment about being a single mom:lmao: ), the other is and 8th grader. Next year I'll have 2 in the Marching Trojans. Avon's band is unbelievable, they are certainly the best band in our area, although CG gives them a run for the money each year. I'll keep watching this thread to see which date you pick and then try to make the dinner part of the day. If we can all make it, there would be 4 of us. I'm sure my boys would love to talk music with your DH.:goodvibes

Hi Sooze, southsider here, I also work weekends, but usually done around 4 or so, thus dinner could possibly work out. Been checking out your trip reports, thought our family was big Disney fans until I found your family. One question if I may, your DH is a band director, which school? I have 2 sons, one is a junior at Center Grove and has been in the marching band for 3 years( thus I understand your comment about being a single mom:lmao: ), the other is and 8th grader. Next year I'll have 2 in the Marching Trojans. Avon's band is unbelievable, they are certainly the best band in our area, although CG gives them a run for the money each year. I'll keep watching this thread to see which date you pick and then try to make the dinner part of the day. If we can all make it, there would be 4 of us. I'm sure my boys would love to talk music with your DH.:goodvibes

HEY THERE! Welcome! DH is one of the band directors for Avon High School. We got there in 1996, so we've seen them come from a terrible, barely-make-it-to regionals band... just blossom into this incredible program. I work with the color guard, so I stay quite involved. I love Center Grove! I had a friend who was a middle school band director there a few years back.. Mr. Whalin...? Sound familiar...?

Anyway.. we'd love to have you for dinner.. Stay posted for dates!!

Hi Fellow Hoosiers!

I don't think I could do the show, but definately could meet somewhere for lunch or dinner.

Some of the folks in this thread I've already met and would welcome meeting the rest of you. Thanks to good friends of ours I was able to find this thread. Just say where and when and I'll bring the rum. :laughing:

Hi Fellow Hoosiers!

I don't think I could do the show, but definately could meet somewhere for lunch or dinner.

Some of the folks in this thread I've already met and would welcome meeting the rest of you. Thanks to good friends of ours I was able to find this thread. Just say where and when and I'll bring the rum. :laughing:

Yay! More Hoosiers!!

I think I'll give this thread one more week, then start confirming dates and plans.. sound good?:confused3

I haven't hung out on the DIS for a couple of years, just got too busy. But I cruised on today and saw this notice for Indiana folks. I'm in South Bend and I am a pin trader. Anybody down there in the group that trades pins? I get to Indy about every 6 weeks, but I'm not sure right now if I could make it those days. I'll check the calendar.
ellla
darn tuten i am a pin trader, we have about 50 now...what kinda pins you have to trade dusty...

Thanks for the responses, guys. Keep letting people know about this thread and we'll see what we can make happen.

For those of you unable, thanks for stopping by anyway.. maybe another time!!

Not sure about the pin traders out there.. I don't trade pins (yet..!).. but maybe someone else does? Dan?
yep i am, looks like your thread is taking off some sooze...way to go.

Yay! More Hoosiers!!

I think I'll give this thread one more week, then start confirming dates and plans.. sound good?:confused3

Works for us Sooze.

Will try to make it,let me know when you firm your plans up :goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

The 22nd works the best for me, but the other two dates would work, as well. I'll be coming from Hobart (NW Indiana).

I'm looking forward to meeting other DISers!!!

Sooze,

I'm not sure what our schedule is in March yet, but we'd love to meet somewhere for dinner, if it works out. Just let me know.

Also, I know one of the middle school band directors in Center Grove -- Mike Bolla? I think he's at North??

I could meet for dinner any of those dates. I'm from the Southside. Looking forward to hearing the details.

P.S. I just found this thread today!

Hey y'all!

Okay, it's been a week, so here's what we'll go with:

Saturday, March 22
2pm Matinee show
5pm dinner

Here are the folks I think are interested. I also put a number by your screen name for the number of people attending. If you didn't indicate a number, I just put 1. Please let me know if more will be coming, so when I make dinner reservations, I can give a solid number.

DINNER ONLY:

simzac (4)
ADP (3)
ncsjodi (2)
mickeefan (1)
luckymomoftwo (4)
powellrj (2)
mkycrzy1971 (1)

SHOW and DINNER:

danny1649 (1)

NOT SURE:

jennz (3)
dusty

Here's the deal with the show. I don't think we'll have enough people to warrant a group discount. So if you want to go to the show, visit the website below and order yourself some tix!! I would get on it quickly, too, because a Saturday matinee is hard to come by!! I will not be hurt if you don't come to the show!! But I'd sure love it if some of you did!!

As soon as the show is over, we'll head to dinner. I have not investigated restaurants yet. Any ideas? Do we want an "Applebee's", "Steak n Shake" or "Bravo" kind of meal!?!

If something changes and you need me to switch your status on the above list, just PM me, or let me know on the thread and I"ll keep it as updated as I can!

Here's the website if you want to get ya some tickets!

Civic Theatre of Indianapolis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts