HOOP...where to sit?

Don't mean to barge, I recently made an adr for HDDR 9:30 show and it came up as a category 1, the CM said, "oh it can't be cat.1 since your on the dining plan, let me change that for you." She then went and changed the ressie to cat.2
Is it true you can have cat.1 on DDP if you book the 9:30 show?
TIA

Yes... you can have cat.1 only but only at the 9:30pm show.

The 5 & 7:15 are cat.2 & 3 only.

Ugh, I hate when people on the DIS know more than the CM's. I did just call back and the CM called guest services to confirm what you all already knew.:confused3 But of course now cat.1 is not available. Why oh why did she cancel it when I originally booked my ressie.:sad2:

If I'm understanding correctly, we'll know ONE WEEK before our ADR what our exact seats are? Another poster asked if we could cancel at that time & not be charged....do they also have the 48 hr cancellation policy? Will I have to secure ADR's with a CC# (like for CRT?)

1) HDDR tickets are available 7-days in advance.
2) Pick them up in person (not mailed to you)
. . . at the resort Concierge Desk
. . . at the HDDR box office at Pioneer Hall
. . . at any Guest Service Desk in the parks or at DTD
3) There is a 48-hr cancel policy.

Is it possible to find our exactly where you are seated in time to cancel if your seats aren't any good??

I too would love to know if the seating/tables are printed on the tickets......

I wont be happy if we cant comfortably see the show especially since I called on day one but due to the CM not entering the dining plan I had to cancel and rebook.....

Anyone remember if there are assignments on the tickets when you pick them up?

Your table assignment will be printed on the tickets, but only the Cast Members know where the tables are physically located so the numbers don't do much good.

Thinking back to the several times that we have gone, the smaller numbers are closest to the stage and the larger are towards the back.

When we saw HDDR we had cat 2 seating. Were upstairs on the balcony, at the back of the theatre (right in front of the light operator). They were AWESOME seats. The theatre is small, its not like going to wrigley field and having to sit in the bleachers. The actors do come up to the balcony, and interact with balcony sitters from the stage as well.

Us too! We thought the seats were awesome!!!

We are planning to go to HDDR for the first time in June 2010. It will be me, my two grown sisters, and my two nephews, who will be 12 and 5. Should I go ahead and book this now? Will they actually CHARGE my credit card for the full amount, or just use my card to hold the ressie?

Also, one sister is not SURE she can go on the trip. If it turns out she can't go, can I cancel her off my ressie, without "jeopardizing" my place in line by booking so early? If I cancel her and go from a party of 5 to 4, will I go to the end of the line, so to speak, as far as getting a good seat?

Your table assignment will be printed on the tickets, but only the Cast Members know where the tables are physically located so the numbers don't do much good.

Thinking back to the several times that we have gone, the smaller numbers are closest to the stage and the larger are towards the back.

Oooh....a quest to atttempt to construct a seating chart WITH numbers!! Can anyone help me out?

We are planning to go to HDDR for the first time in June 2010. It will be me, my two grown sisters, and my two nephews, who will be 12 and 5. Should I go ahead and book this now? Will they actually CHARGE my credit card for the full amount, or just use my card to hold the ressie?

Also, one sister is not SURE she can go on the trip. If it turns out she can't go, can I cancel her off my ressie, without "jeopardizing" my place in line by booking so early? If I cancel her and go from a party of 5 to 4, will I go to the end of the line, so to speak, as far as getting a good seat?

This can only be booked 90 days out now :(.

Oooh....a quest to atttempt to construct a seating chart WITH numbers!! Can anyone help me out?

Oooh....I would LOVE to know what tables are where! Does anyone have their old ticket stubs/confirmations??? Could you possibly tell us where your table was on this seating chart that Joshua_me linked us to? :flower3: (I have Photoshop & I can just add the #'s as they come in?!?!?) :banana:
hoop-dee-do-seatingchart.gif

Oooh....I would LOVE to know what tables are where! Does anyone have their old ticket stubs/confirmations??? Could you possibly tell us where your table was on this seating chart that Joshua_me linked us to? :flower3: (I have Photoshop & I can just add the #'s as they come in?!?!?) :banana:

I believe that our table number was 218 - CAT 2, balcony, middle right table (looking at the seating pic provided)- I thought the location was great and wanted to remember the table number for future reference, but I don't have any ticket stub to confirm :confused3

I'm looking at some of my ticket stubs right now...

category 2, table #112. It was on the balcony, just to the right of center as you're looking at the chart. Marked in blue.

category 1, table #13. It was right up against the stage, in the center. Marked in black.

category 1, table 71A. It was about halfway back on the floor, to the right if you're looking at the chart. Marked in yellow.

table P05. In the area marked in white. We were not against the back wall, but we were under the balcony. I'm not sure if the category 2 tables are against the wall or not. If they are then we were in the last row of what is now category 1. If they're not against the wall, then we were in category 2.

hddrmap52-1.jpg

Of all the tables, our favorite was the one on the balcony. We felt we could see really well (especially DD 6).

category 2, table #112. It was on the balcony, just to the right of center as you're looking at the chart. Marked in blue.

category 1, table #13. It was right up against the stage, in the center. Marked in black.

category 1, table 71A. It was about halfway back on the floor, to the right if you're looking at the chart. Marked in yellow.

table P05. In the area marked in white. We were not against the back wall, but we were under the balcony. I'm not sure if the category 2 tables are against the wall or not. If they are then we were in the last row of what is now category 1. If they're not against the wall, then we were in category 2.

hddrmap52-1.jpg

Great job!! Anyone else care to help with this project.

How many of these tables are for a party of six do you think? And where are the "posts" that can obstruct your view located.....

Anyone else care to help with this project.
How many of these tables are for a party of six do you think? And where are the "posts" that can obstruct your view located.....

1) What project? You get the table that is pre-assigned and not changeable.
2) Most tables can be moved around to make various party counts.
3) Many of the Cat-3 tables have posts in your view.

Oooh....I would LOVE to know what tables are where! [/IMG]

1) If you viewed my post on Reply #10, you can easily decipher the table location.
2) All three digits of the table number have meaning.

hddrmap52-1.jpg
Great job!!! :thumbsup2 Thank you SO much! I know this is just the type of info I was hoping for. We made our ADR's on Thur & went ahead & booked CATEGORY 1 at 9:30 (on DDP)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :woohoo: :cheer2: (Here's hoping for lucky table #13--WOW!)

1) What project? You get the table that is pre-assigned and not changeable....
Some of us had mentioned cancelling our ADR's if the seat assignment wasn't worth it (in our opinion.) Knowing some of the table #'s would help us decide. It was mentioned that we'd get our seat assignments about 1 week before our ressie, & then we could choose to keep those seats or cancel them (following the 48 hr cancellation policy, of course!) ;)

Yes... you can have cat.1 only but only at the 9:30pm show.
The 5 & 7:15 are cat.2 & 3 only.

Hoop is a 2 credit show. With the DDP you can pick Cat 2 or 3 seating for all shows (if available) and cat 1 seating for the 9:30 show only. Cat 1 is the best, 2 & 3 are on the sides and up stairs.

Thanks for the advice on the 9:30 ressie/Cat 1 with DDP :hug: ....the CM I spoke with said Cat.1 wasn't available on DDP & I told him the Disboards said it was. He put me on hold to check & VOILA! We have our Cat.1 table!!!!:banana:

I really appreciate each & every one of you who contributed to our decisions about Hoop Dee Doo! This will be our very first time to see the show & I'm just so excited. :woohoo: I know my DH & kids will have a blast. :grouphug:

Just a question...is there anything in the policy for HDDR tickets that once you pick up your tickets your 48 hr cancellation is no longer valid? It seems like disney would have something like that in place.

Just a question...is there anything in the policy for HDDR tickets that once you pick up your tickets your 48 hr cancellation is no longer valid? It seems like disney would have something like that in place.

You can still cancel, as long as you surrender the tickets at that time.

1) You CANNOT request a seat.
2) The seating chart is made 8-days ahead of time.
3) You know your category, but not your seat until a week ahead of time.
4) There is no "general seating", as all tables are pre-assigned (I have done assigning).
5) As for best seats, better seats ALWAYS cost more - Broadway or HDDR.
6) Regardless of what people say.
7) Repeat, regardless of what people say.
8) I would not do HDDR without a Cat-1 seat.
9) Categories
. . . Cat-1, floor level and back to 2/3 of house
. . . Cat-2, back 2/3 of house to rear of room and some balcony
. . . Cat-3, all balcony, 1/2 of table cranks neck, some views blocked by posts

NOTE: HDDR tables in each category are assigned by the date of the ressie. Earlier ressies get the better tables. The exception are tables #044 and #045 which are kept open until show-day for last minute handicapped guests. Table numbers are identified as 044 = floor-level, fourth-row-from-front, fourth-table-from-left.

Scupper our cat 2 seats were at a table where a post blocked my view of the show.....so it is not just the cat 3 seats that have the posts....the difference between the cat 3's is also that they are ALL directly on the railing while 4 of 6 of us at our table were not.

When we saw HDDR we had cat 2 seating. Were upstairs on the balcony, at the back of the theatre (right in front of the light operator). They were AWESOME seats. The theatre is small, its not like going to wrigley field and having to sit in the bleachers. The actors do come up to the balcony, and interact with balcony sitters from the stage as well.

We also were there (balcony, behind the light operator) and we thought it was fantastic.We could see absolutely everything.

We had the table right next to that table and my view was blocked by a post....see photo below.

333.jpg

Scupper is right...pay for the cat 1's or, as there is no way of knowing where your cat 2 will be ..... take a cat 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter