hoop dee doo review or mickeys barbieQ?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by momtothree3, Jun 27, 2007.

1. momtothree3

momtothree3 Mouseketeer

Does anyone have an opinion or can tell me about either? I am trying to decide if these would be fun for a 11, 8, and 6 year olds? any info would be helpful. Thanks Chris:dance3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mandy200587

mandy200587 DIS Veteran

Hoop De Doo. I go every year to it and this year we actually had someone in the audience that made the actors mess up on stage.

4. momtothree3

momtothree3 Mouseketeer

Thanks for your thoughts. Can you tell me more about it. How long, what they serve and are there any characters? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again Chris:cheer2:

5. mandy200587

mandy200587 DIS Veteran

They serve:
    salad
    cornbread
    fried chicken
    mashed potatoes
    baked beans
    ribs
    strawberry shortcake

All this is brought to your table and you can always ask for more.

We do the 5 show and we're about at 7 I believe.

There are no characters, it's more of a dinner show.

Here are two videos I filmed from the show about two years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khq7zoV91Vo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-FofgXTLg8

If you have anymore questions, I'll try and answer them.

6. DonaldTDuck

DonaldTDuck DIS Veteran

Not to forget, all the beer(Bud Light) wine and soda you care for. Shows are at 5, 7:15 and 9:30, so just under two hours. There's singin, dancin, and cornball jokes. Of course, purty gals and handsome fellers. And they have a lot of audience participation. For me it's a must do.

7. Anna114

Anna114 Pluto Rocks!

I've never attended Mickey's Backyard BBQ but I have gone to the HDDR. It's really a great time. It does get rather costly. I also believe, I could be wrong, but I think the earlier you make you ressies the better chance of being on the floor. On my honeymoon I was up in the cheap seats (jk in the balcony) I made my ressies very early the last time and we were very close to the stage. It was much more interactive and I think your kids would have an even better time.

8. mandy200587

mandy200587 DIS Veteran

The seating is in tiers now. Tiers 2 and 3 are with the DDP and the very back of the floor, and the whole top section. Tier 1 is the floor.

9. momof2beautys

momof2beautys Mouseketeer

My family will be going to Disney this September and we decided to try the BBQ rather than the HDDR. Having free dining, we could only be seated in tiers 2 and 3, and when I called, all that was left was tier 3. This meant that we were upstairs in the balcony, which I was alright with, but that some of the people in our family would have to sit with our backs to the stage while we were eating. :confused: This did not sound like a very good time to me. We chose to do the BBQ because our girls, 5 and 7, would love to be able to get up and dance with the characters rather than sit and watch a show which they may or may not find funny. The BBQ is a buffet that has barbeque ribs, baked chicken, hot dogs, corn-on-the-cob, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, potato salad, corn bread, watermelon and marble cake. Unlimited draft beer, wine, lemonade, and iced tea is also included. They have a country band playing, and a guy that does rope tricks. Then they have everyone join in and do some line dancing with the characters. :tiptoe: It sounds like a really good time to us and we are going to try it. I'll let you know what we think!