Hoop Dee Doo for Adults?

jesswindsor

DIS Veteran
I have been looking into the Hoop Dee Doo and I am wondering if two adults would enjoy it, or if it is more for the kids. Has anyone been? What is your opinion?

my DH and have gone twice and it is one of our top favorites. It is hilarious! Last time DH and I went we were seated front and center and were lucky enough to have to whole cast interact with us throughout the show. The food is delicious as well. I highly recommend it!

DH and I have gone several times and loved it every time! Good food + hilarious entertainment + unlimited sangria = a great evening:thumbsup2

DH and I went in '08 and we're going again in Oct. I'm not sure why some think it's a show for kids. It's a family show but there are also lots of adult type innuendo in spots. We had the very front and center table in '08 and got lots of winks, etc from the performers. It was very, very good.

I have seen the show with my hubby several times, my parents-in-law, my parents (multiple times), and all of my grandparents...and we ALL LOVE it!!! It is absolutely as much fun for adults as it is for kids. Last trip for the first time we attended the latest show (9:30). I don't know if it was just that specific night, but we thought there were even more adult-type innuendos than we ever noticed at the earlier shows. We booked the 9:30 again in less than 2 weeks!

We've been there many times and without kids most of the time. Hands down the best dinner show in WDW and one of the few meals and entertainment that is still as good as it was 25 years ago.

DH and I have gone several times and loved it every time! Good food + hilarious entertainment + unlimited sangria = a great evening:thumbsup2

waiiiiiitttt..... what? Did you just say Unlimited Sangria? I think our reservation next week just went up a notch.

My dad loved it more than all the kids! My mom on the other hand, well it wasn't her thing! But I think it's a blast for all ages... plus some great eating!!

OH MY GOODNESS! Hoop-Dee-Do is a cult classic! And it's perfect for 2 adults that love to have fun! And where else on property can you get REALLY good unlimited sangria! You will love it and you will love it even more with every new glass!!! Have Fun!:worship:

NOTE: I love HDDR so much my user name is a line from a song in the show!

We just went Tuesday night. My cousin was married a week ago and went to Disney for his honeymoon. We invited to treat them to a dinner while we were here. They said yes. So at the Hoop Dee Doo - they ask what people are celebrating so we raised our hand. The Pioneer Player came over and asked what they were celebrating and she announced this couple has been married for 10 days - long pause - and for some reason they brought extra people with them. I wonder what they needed these people for??? It was a riot.

We had an awesome waiter - Rob - you can call be Bor - it's Rob backwards. He has been there for 32 years - he was a riot.

Should I mention our first trip to the Hoop was in 1987?? And we still laugh out loud at the jokes.

Janis

DH and I loved this show before we had kids and to tell the truth, the first couple of times we took our kids, it was really for us (all of the jokes were over their heads). Once the kids are off to college (only 10 years to go), I'm sure that dh and I will go on our own again.

And yes... Unlimited Sangria!

We went last year as a party of 6 adults ranging from their 30's to their 60's. We all loved it, we had a blast.
I have been many times before with my kids and my grandkids, and as adults only. Each experience has been great and I look forward to going again.

If you like corny slapstick humor, then yes, you will enjoy it. If that's not your kind of thing, you will probably not. The show's pretty well aimed at everyone, not just the kiddies. Even if it's not your thing, the show gets even funnier after the first two mason jars of sangria.

We love it!! We have gone several times with kids and now that they are grown we go alone. Always a good time, and the food has always been yummy and the sangria is delicious. Go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter