Hoop Dee Doo + Dining Plan

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by Vickyrowe, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Vickyrowe

Vickyrowe Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

Hi , Just reading about the Hoop Dee Doo Review, When we go we will be on the dining plan and would like to do this, As DH is in a wheelchair we would need CAT1 seating , does this mean we have to go to the late 9.30 show?

or because of his chair will they let us go to the earlier one? as we would happily use the other seating if we could

Not so keen on the late show as DH's nightly routine an take over 2 hours so by the time the show finishes and we get back to SSR I don't want be up till the early hours and lose park time the next day

Wouldn't be broken hearted if we cannot do it , as the credits could be used elsewhere, but i know my FIL would enjoy the show

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jmartinez1895

jmartinez1895 DIS Veteran

I called them wit the same question and was told that they have cat 2 seating for wheelchairs. Just call ( or go online) and book the show you want with the seating you want and just tell them you will have a wheelchair in your group.

4. smidgy

smidgy dimples

cat. 2 seating is towards the back of the 1st floor, or in the front center of the balcony.. so you would be on the first floor, towards the back.

you'll love the show, and the food!

5. pharmjenn

pharmjenn Mouseketeer

There are regular height tables in the Cat 2 seating area, plus bar-height tables. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to put a wheelchair at the Cat 2 tables during the earlier seatings.

6. smidgy

smidgy dimples

I didn't know about the bar height tables.. ugh.

7. Vickyrowe

Vickyrowe Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

Thanks for your help, :)

8. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

There are accessible tables at the back on the ground floor. People who are booked in category 2 that would otherwise be upstairs or people who book category 3 who need accessible seating will be seated at one of these tables. It is important to mark that you need an accessible table when booking so that they can be sure that there are enough accessible tables for those who need them.

DD12 ended up breaking her ankle before our trip when we booked category 3. We were offered one of these tables. She actually chose to hobble up the stairs (this was possible for her but it wasn't easy so we let her decide) and she chose to go upstairs.