Hoop De Doo and DDP and getting there and back?

E

eeyoresmom

We just booked the 8:30 show of HDD. We will be going there from BC. Two questions:
1. Using WDW transportation, what is the quickest way to get there and back? I read some old threads that report there MAY be a direct bus back to the resorts after the 8:30 show? Does anyone know? MK is open until 12AM for MVMCP that night so worse case scenario is boat to MK, bus from MK to BC. Does the boat to/from MK dock right near Pioneer Hall or is there another step involved?

2. I had to pre pay with my cc, but want to use Deluxe DDP credits. How and when do I do this?
Thanks for any tips or advice.:)

We have similar questions as we are coming from the BC and DxDDP too. I don't have an answer on the DxDDP, I was going to ask the front guest concierge when we picked up our tix a couple days earlier but likely someone else will know the answer.

Recent threads have indicated there is definitely still a bus after the 8:30 show. It will make multiple stops so can be time-consuming. But, it appears, the line to board the MK boat after the show is long and time-consuming too so there isn't any around it.

My plan for getting there is to take the MK bus and then the FTW boat. Yes, the dock is right next to Pioneer Hall so those are the only two steps. If we are running the least bit late, I will take a taxi to FTW and then their internal bus.

We just booked the 8:30 show of HDD. We will be going there from BC. Two questions:
1. Using WDW transportation, what is the quickest way to get there and back? I read some old threads that report there MAY be a direct bus back to the resorts after the 8:30 show? Does anyone know? MK is open until 12AM for MVMCP that night so worse case scenario is boat to MK, bus from MK to BC. Does the boat to/from MK dock right near Pioneer Hall or is there another step involved?

2. I had to pre pay with my cc, but want to use Deluxe DDP credits. How and when do I do this?
Thanks for any tips or advice.:)

We have taken a bus to the wilderness camp ground from one of the parks or downtown Disney and back. No easy way except for the boat to get directly to a resort. I would probably just take a cab. As for payment, we have Tables In Wonderland card which offers 20% discount. So we have used credit card to make reservation and paid them directly with our credit card and TIW card at end of meal. You still have to pay at end of meal, the guarantee they require when you make reservation is only to hold it, not to pay for meal.

I had to pre-pay my HDDR reservation in full at time of booking...the OP indicates she did the same. We need reimbursement for our pre-payment and to be charged DxDDP credits. The credit card guarantee is true for most restaurants but there are a few...dinner shows, CRT...that require prepayment if you aren't already booked on a DDP at time of booking.. ETA: I am emphasizing the relevant part because there seems to be some mis-comprehension of my point. If you have DDP reserved when you book HDDR, then no prepayment. But there are reasons why someone would pre-pay and then want to use their dining plan credits. Sorry, OP, not trying to thread jack, very interested in someone with experience with this too!

We are on the deluxe dining plan and have done Hoop De Doo 3x as my family loves it!!! We used our dining credits to pay and did NOT have to prepay just used a cc to hold it but nothing was charged. We go every two years and last time and every time before that there was a direct bus back to our resort (1 bus might have multiple resorts on it though) and when I asked at our 180 day booking about it they assured me there still was direct transportation after.

Definitely recommend the bus to and boat from MK to get to the HDR! It drops off right next to the venue. I still think doing the same on the way back is the ticket. The issue is having to navigate FTW after the show is over. Lots of folks, and FTW is huge! It takes a while just to get out of FTW. The line for the boat is not as bad as some have suggested.

I would suggest to go to the MK this day to make the most of your time. There is a ferry outside the park that will take you to Fort Wilderness.

Tickets are available to be picked up the day of your reservation dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter